Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'K&S Fuel Injection/WyoTech Dyno Day, May 14th

Runaway Guest

About that time again. Some of you received new tuners, programmers, boxes, gauges, etc for Christmas and probably want to see what that rig is producing for power now.

Mark your calendars, May 14th, 2005 Dyno Day @ K&S Fuel Injection, Schofield, WI. WyoTech www.wyotech.com will be sponsoring (paying) the time on the dyno again.

Will Kennedy's fire breathing "LB7" Duramax be "top gun" for the 4th year in a row? Or will he have some surprises for that new LLY.

More information to come as we get closer.

[ 04-23-2005, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: Runaway ]

Runaway Guest

Stopped by K&S today to start firming up the May 14th Dyno Day.

When: May 14, 2005

Time: 8 AM - 6 PM

Where: K&S Fuel Injection
    6007 Municipal St
    Schofield, WI 54476

Phone: 800.535.0172

POC: Jason Maki

WyoTech paying runs on dyno again this year. Horsepower and Torques will be measured as update to the dyno have been done. Show and Shine contest. One of the BD trucks will be here, undetermined at this time which one it will be.

Lunch will be provided.

Start planning your trip now.

Runaway Guest

UPDATE:

Dyno will be moved outside this year, so you all can run un-obstructed exhaust and make all the smoke you want!

BD Power will be here with their Powerstroke!

The "small block powered picnic table" will be here this year; owner chickened out last year because of the threat of rain!

Pirzes awarded for top HP/Torque on #2 Diesel ONLY!

More info as I get it!

Cool

I have it in my calender, I would be a spectator. I would like to meet some of the guys I write too here. It's funny I went to Wyoming Tech back in '91 for auto mech.
    02 ZR2 tracker<br />94 2500 6.5 TD suburban

Runaway Guest

Cool

Shad - it a small world out there. WI Huck is also a "tekker." There will be some othere here also that have graduated or will be attending in the next few months.

vab

Okay too bring my (well behaved)boy's? 7 and 10 They are always with me at the car shows and drag strips and such. They can stand around and rat jaw just like me, thats how they learn. I would wear my tech shirt for old times sake however doesent fit no more.

Runaway Guest

Shad, bring the boys, lot of folks bring the young'ns and spouse.

Vince

Runaway Guest

Gett'n closer

Everything is a go as posted so far!

Prizes awarded this year for:

Top 3 Diesel (Rumor has it there is a 600 HP + Cummins lookin for the top spot. Did I mention no drugs this year.

Top 2 Gas: Looks like some V-10s will show this year.

Show N Shine contest for ANY truck on the grounds.

BD Power's PowerStroke still an track to be here!

Brats/BBQ with the fixins.

Hope to see you all here.

Runaway Guest

May 14th.

Only two more weeks to get'm turned in....

vab

Kennedy Guest

I should be around 500 this year depending on traction.

I guess no N20 this year the way it sounds Wonder why that is?

May bring the bottle anyhow just for "demonstration" purposes. Kinda sad that I had to learn about the rule change indirectly...

Runaway Guest

Originally posted by kennedy:
    I guess no N20 this year the way it sounds Wonder why that is?

Kinda sad that I had to learn about the rule change indirectly...
    K&S did it to irritate you! Seriously, talk to Jason, its his Dyno, I'm only (the messenger) providing the funds so you guys can strut your stuff. Don't know what you mean by indirectly, but I was told you had the heads up to the "NO DRUGS" rule change before I knew about it!

Looks like if weather permits my boys and I are going to haul the TT up there and camp nearby for the weekend drop a line in the water,otherwise be there just for the day. Look forward to meet you all.

madmatt Guest

water or CO2 cosidered drugs? The CO2 is used external of course.

Kennedy Guest

Vince,

I heard rumors about it first, and then from Mark Huckstorf on 4-1-05 at which time he faxed me a sheet. The sheet says nothing about no drugs specifically, just "Diesel and Gas trucks only." I stopped into K&S on April 8th where it was confirmed: "we wanted to try something different this year" It didn't bother me too much at the time, but the longer I think about it the more it steams me. Primarily in how I had to learn indirectly, so late in the game, and that it is/was not officially published. To revamp my turbo setup in 6 weeks just isn't going to happen...

On edit, it looks like 3-13-05 is where the rumor first hit the web in another forum.

[ 05-10-2005, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: kennedy ]

Runaway Guest

John, I understand your dilema. Personally I think they should have a class for you guys running the drugs, but its not my machine. May have to rethink this for next year - don't like being in the middle if ya know what I mean!

madmatt: #2 diesel only!

Kennedy Guest

Originally posted by Runaway:
    John, I understand your dilema. Personally I think they should have a class for you guys running the drugs, but its not my machine. May have to rethink this for next year - don't like being in the middle if ya know what I mean!

madmatt: #2 diesel only!
    It needs to read that SPECIFICALLY somewhere.

It really isn't that big a deal as anything over 450 RWHP becomes a matter of traction anyhow. I'm not trying to get you in the middle of this, just expressing my feelings.

There was comment about my straightening and breaking of the hooks last year but truth be told, I wouldn't even imagine trusting the diagonal running units as I've pulled them apart with 3,000# ATV winches with snatch blocks...

Runaway Guest

Everything is on track for this weekend. Except for BD Power's truck. Looks to be a no-show again this year. Weatherwise, long range forecast shows it to be a nice weekend.

See ya all there.

Haulin the TT up to Waupaca this afternoon and set up camp for the weekend... I'll be up to the dyno sat morning to check things out. Hope the rain holds out for everyone. I am excited the first real pull with my Excursion since bought in oct.

Kennedy Guest

If things go well and we bite into the rollers decent, I should be in the 515-525 range w/o spray. 315-320HP is where my first run should be without any programming. Traction will be the biggest challenge...

Runaway Guest

Rain or Shine, we are set to go. Rain suppose to hold off till evening so we should be set. Going to be a little cool, so dress warm. There'll be plenty of brats/barbecue to go around.

Prizes for top 3 diesel trucks!

Prizes for top 2 gas trucks!

Show n Shine Contest - top two trucks. Door prizes, etc.

The BD PowerStroke is a confirm'd no-show!

See you all tomorrow