Thread: Finally I have my 02 Dmax running.

Default Finally I have my 02 Dmax running.

After waiting for a month and a half I finally have a running truck again. With new injectors (no thanks to the ebay scammers),supply lines and a JK Mega filter and lift pump(still need to install that). Runs smooth and no white smoke. Heres a few pictures of the mega. I followed JK's directions except since I have one of those cold air intakes. I cut out the OEM air filter base plate. The S&B air intake pulls in cold air from the bottom and the side. The filter was fairly easy to install. I hope the lift pump is just as easy. Thanks JK for selling quality products.
    Jeff

Jeff

Well I did. I do all my own wrenching. Once a lady asked me do you know anything about cars? I replied yes I have that curse. She didn't get my comment,but oh we'll. I've learned a lot from the diesel page for this truck and the 93 6.5td I had.
    Jeff

Well after over 3 months I recieved my injectors back from the ebay seller real diesel, which are no longer a registered on ebay. They look rebuilt. I think they are only good as cores. So now what to do with them. I'll call the folks where I bought my rebuilt set and see if they will take them back as cores. Hopefully they will,but its been over 30 days since I bought them. So we will see.
    Jeff

An interesting, and informative, story, for the rest of us, and I'll bet, an expensive one for you. Glad you're back to running condition. Hope you get some resolution for serplus injectors.
    2008 Jaco Seneca 35' motor home (Kodiak 5500 chassis). Pulling 18' Wells Cargo enclosed trailer, with 2016 Miata in it.

Thanks. The ebay auction I won was to rebuild and add 100hp nozzles. I dont know how you tell if they have 100hp nozzles in them.Those alone might be worth some money. For that matter how to you know if they are rebuilt?
    Jeff

Hey guys ... new on here ... I recently bought some injectors(for a 5.9 cummins 12V) from ebay as well but they werent a bid auction it was a buy now option ... I recieved the injectors in about five business days and did not have any problems with them ... It is quite scary buying online like that but anymore its about the only option available for some things ... By the way my cummins is in a '91 CC chevy dually 4X4 ... took out a 454 and and a 4L80 E and installed the '93 12V with the 5-speed dodge trans and T-case .. did the conversion in '08 and now have aver 100K trouble free miles on it and the cummins has over 400K on it ... still going strong and the injectors I bought were 40+ HP .12x4 if I remember right .. you could definitely tell a performance difference with the new injectors ... I am about to begin putting a '98 12V in a '00 chevy 1 ton 2-wd with a service bed on it and I hope things go as good with this on as they did on my other conversions ... I put a '90 12V in a '93 ford F-350 CC 4x4 for my brother and I did a 2.2 litre Isuzu into a '92 Toy 4-Runner ... (47mpg )... I still have a couple tricks to do to it to tweek a little more fuel economy out of it ... but once I put the turbo on it it had all the power you could ask for

How do you tell the nozzles apart. stock vs 100hp? I found theses numbers on one of the nozzles 69021 060 in a oval below that number. DSLA 158 P 974+ GERMANY below that number and UTG near germany. I think they are polished stock nozzles.
    Jeff