Thread: Next step in upgrades

Default Next step in upgrades

So i have a few turbo 6.2’s that i have built, and last year i picked up this 94 k1500 extended cab shortbed with the 6.5 4l80 3.73 combo.
    It has a newish ip from the previous owner, also a new app, and also a new pmd kit. They did all this because they didnt look for a bad pmd relocation harness, that was burnt.
    Anyways.. it has 18:1 pistons, head studs, girdle with studs, a full 3/8 fuel system with a holley pump set at 14psi.
    I also did a 67/76mm 10 blade upgrade on a he351cw, and did a top mount intercooler. Changed the lower intake to the old 6.2 dual plane, and made a tophat for the charge pipe.

Took it out for a spin and it runs pretty good. Clearly not enough fuel. But it revs to 4200 or so, and does run better than stock. So i popped the pcm and found a old BD chip in it. I would assume it is the smaller RV one, because it only feels like maybe 20hp over stock. If i floor it from a stop it puffs and immediately clears up, but the turbo really helps with that.

Here is the dilema...
    I want to swap a 5 speed in (that i have)

I NEED to get back to burning wmo (did it for years in others, I have a pretty awesome system i need to set back up after new house build, please lets not get sidetrcked with that)

Do i get a upgraded chip with max fueling $300-700, and keep the electronics?

Or put a maxxed out 4911 or someone elses bigger mechanical on it and call it a day?

The ONLY reason i am even contemplating keeping the electronics is because its all fairly new. But i cant run oil (unless someone has a trick around the OS that actually works

Oh also going to be installing a single stage meth system. Trying to figure out where to put it, i have been doin alot of reading about some guys doing it even pre-intercooler nowdays.

If you are going to the manual transmission
    i think it would be foolish to not go with the mechanical pump.Then you will have a reliable truck without any computers and associated electronics to worry about.Especially wanting to run veggi oil.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon6.2 View Post
    If you are going to the manual transmission
    i think it would be foolish to not go with the mechanical pump.Then you will have a reliable truck without any computers and associated electronics to worry about.Especially wanting to run veggi oil.
    I think your right man. Then i could sell my pump, computer with the chip, pmd, accelerator pedal, all that stuff. And probably almost pay for the new 4911 or one of sct’s bigger pumps.