TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2018 - TDP's 22nd Anniversary
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > Other Diesel & Truck Related Forums > Diesel Fuel, Bio-Diesel & Fluids Forum
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Diesel Fuel, Bio-Diesel & Fluids Forum Discuss and learn about Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel Fuel, Bio-Diesel, Straight Vegetable Oil, Waste Vegetable Oil, Fuel Additives, as well as Motor Oil, ATF, lubes, coolant and other fluids used in your diesel pickup.

Old 03-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Enthusiast

Default US to GB

Hi guys, I have a Silverado 2500HD 2002 purchased new in 2002. It has full towing package, and it is a Canadian vehicle , which has the Amber Indicators.
Not like US models that uses the stop lights for Indicators.

It is a 7 spade tow plug on rear, and I have just purchased a Camper (British) with GB 7 round pin connector. Is there an adapter to plug in both to alter the lights ?,
`Dek
Old 03-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Moderator-Towing Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dek Hawkins View Post
Hi guys, I have a Silverado 2500HD 2002 purchased new in 2002. It has full towing package, and it is a Canadian vehicle , which has the Amber Indicators.
Not like US models that uses the stop lights for Indicators.

It is a 7 spade tow plug on rear, and I have just purchased a Camper (British) with GB 7 round pin connector. Is there an adapter to plug in both to alter the lights ?,
`Dek
I am not familiar with the GB 7 pin connector, but the US 7 pin connector already has a built-in converter to change the separate amber turn signals into the combination red turn/stop lights.

The US 7 pin connector has wires for the following:

LH stop/turn
RH stop/turn
Clearance/tail/running
Electric brakes
12V battery charge
Backup/reverse
Ground

This might be the adapter you need:

7 blade to 7 round adapter

You could also replace the male plug on the camper with a 7 blade connector.

Casey
1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, NP241, 4L80E, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's, Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, and TD-Max chip, Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler, vacuum pump deleted, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake, '97 air box, dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator, Racor fuel filter, 335K miles and running strong!