Thread: 6.2 ran out of fuel now won't start

Default 6.2 ran out of fuel now won't start

Hello, new to forum and to 6.2s I have an 86 k20 with the 6.2 and I ran out of fuel got it towed to fuel station and put diesel in it. I bled off the fuel system and got it running. Went to work the next day and it died at a stop light and wouldn't start again. Got it towed home and have had no luck since I have bled the fuel system even installed a clear hose off the injection pump like I seen recommended in here. And I am still having no luck and have no idea what may be causing it to not start. Any help is appreciated.

Plug it in,put a battery charger on the batteries,remover the glow plugs,test them,check your electric fuel shut off solenoid,crank it till you see fuel mist coming from the glow plug holes.
    If the glow plugs are good,and you get fuel misting from the holes,replace the glows and give it a try.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews

Glow plugs are new, and I can here the solenoid click when I put power to it. Still havent had any luck. I will try removing them and seeing if I am getting anything.

New plugs have been known to fail.
    What kind of glows,and did you test the system to make sure they are getting power?
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews