Thread: instrument cluster dead for about 10-40 Sec

Default instrument cluster dead for about 10-40 Sec

When I start my truck the my whole instrument cluster is dead for about 10-40 Sec. Then it kicks on and all is good. But today with a range of 35 miles left I ran out of fuel. This might be two problems but I was thinking the fuel gauge may be off because of the cluster problem. I was thinking that the steeper motors are bad but all the gauges pop on all at the same time.

Any help would be great. Thank you.

Arrow

A Tech II scan tool can be used to evaluate (check the accuracy on) most functions seen on the cluster, including the fuel gauge.

Try popping/re-seating the related fuses under the hood and inside the cab. The under-hood electrical center is exposed somewhat to road spray, which if it includes winter road de-icer, can produce electrical problems over time.

I had the same problem a few years ago, I removed the instrument cluster and sent it off for a rebuild, it has worked perfectly ever since.They also replaced any bulbs that were bad . Dont know the name of the company that did mine , but there are number of places online that do the rebuild. I think it cost $100 or so back then
    Last edited by LJ1962; 09-01-2018 at 13:00. Reason: Part of the reply did not post

Arrow

I found this web site. Don't know anything about them except for the search engine results and info gleaned after visiting their site.

https://www.gmgaugerepair.com/automo...epair-pricing/