Quote Originally Posted by AugustDiesel View Post
Fortunately I picked up the tire warranty so if there's any issue I should be covered.
Tire warranties are OK, but with only ~500 miles, it shouldn't matter to you. The tire shop owes you the serviceable product you paid for. Unless they can show that you damaged them, they own the issue, and you shouldn't have to deal with any "warranty" process. Also note, tire warranties often have exclusions for 4x4 vehicle tires, stating they do not replace "pairs or sets" (and additional tire warranties are rarely carried by the tire manufacturer). This indicates they do, if fact, recognize the necessity for a matched set on a 4x4 vehicle, but will deny replacement of non-defect tires, regardless of that necessity. Several years ago, I had a new tire fail (B.F Goodrich, belt-shift). The tire shop happily replaced the failed tire, but refused to replace one other tire that was outside a maximum (2%, I think) roll-out difference. I appealed to the mfg, and they approved replacement of any tire in the set that wasn't within their recommended spec as a set installed on a 4x4 vehicle (I think ProComp has a similar recommendation, which becomes law, if it comes to that). I got 4 new tires. Major tire brand manufacturers stand behind their products. No manufacturing process is perfect, and I accept that. It was a lazy (crooked) tire shop that failed me.