Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6.2/6.5 Fluidampr?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidampr View Post
    We are quite pleased the way the new 6.2/6.5 Fluidampr has been selling in the last few months.
    Hurry Thomas, sounds like a price adjustment.
    Billy
    '97 CC Dually INTERCOOLED 6.5 - Sold
    '06 Extended Cab/Long Bed LBZ

Default 6.2/6/5 Fluidampr

Thomas,

Great we'll be open Wednesday and closed Thursday and Friday for our employess to have some family time!!

Mark @ DPPI

Quote Originally Posted by trbankii View Post
    Thanks, Mark.

I'll be giving you a call.

Thomas
    DIESEL PERFORMANCE PARTS INC. 1-866-455-7788 www.DIESELPERFORMANCEPARTS.COM WE GUARANTEE OUR PRICES, PERIOD! MBRP EXHAUST SYSTEMS, EDGE PRODUCTS, SMARTY, AUTO METER GAUGES and MOUNTS, DiPRICOL GAUGES, SUPER CHIPS MICRO TUNERS, DIABLO PREDATOR PROGRAMMERS, AFE INTAKE & EXHAUST SYSTEMS, PML ALUMINUM TRANS PANS and DIFF COVERS, VAN AAKEN PERFORMANCE MODULES, TS PERFORMANCE, POWERSLTO ROTORS, HAWK BRAKE PADS, FASS SYSTEMS by DPP, SUNCOAST TRANSMISSIONS, BOSCH INJECTION SNOW WATER METHANOL SYSTEMS, BULLY DOG PRODUCTS, ARP Studs, FLUIDAMPR, STANADYNE ADDITIVES.

A lower price might spark my interst in buying one.
    83 C10 Suburban, Silverado, 6.2, 700R4, 3.73, 31-10.50R15
    82 C30 Crew Cab dually, 6.2, Banks, Th400, 4.10, Gear Vendors, 235-85R16
    83 C20 Suburban, Sierra Classic, 6.2, 700R4, 4.10, custom paint, 285-50R20
    95 Yukon, 6.5, 4L80E, 3.42, 265-50R20
    73 GMC Astro 95, 8V71, 10 speed Roadranger, 110" WB, 6 each 11R24.5

I just received an e mail from Summit saying it was shipped on the 20th. Total cost was around $430

Order placed - although did have to go around a bit on the phone as to part number as they wanted to sell me a #800141 based on the year of my truck. Best to get that issue resolved!

And although I won't post any prices since DPP didn't post, I will say that I am very pleased.

Always glad to deal with a TDP vendor! Many thanks!
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Default 6.2/6.5 Fluidampr

Thomas,

Post away, we are not able to post prices per site rules as a Sponsor, but you have no such restriction as far as I know. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to be your performance part supplier too, we strive to have the right parts at the right price and encourage anyone to tell us if we are not competitive etc.

Mark @ DPPI

Order placed - although did have to go around a bit on the phone as to part number as they wanted to sell me a #800141 based on the year of my truck. Best to get that issue resolved!

And although I won't post any prices since DPP didn't post, I will say that I am very pleased.

Always glad to deal with a TDP vendor! Many thanks!
    DIESEL PERFORMANCE PARTS INC. 1-866-455-7788 www.DIESELPERFORMANCEPARTS.COM WE GUARANTEE OUR PRICES, PERIOD! MBRP EXHAUST SYSTEMS, EDGE PRODUCTS, SMARTY, AUTO METER GAUGES and MOUNTS, DiPRICOL GAUGES, SUPER CHIPS MICRO TUNERS, DIABLO PREDATOR PROGRAMMERS, AFE INTAKE & EXHAUST SYSTEMS, PML ALUMINUM TRANS PANS and DIFF COVERS, VAN AAKEN PERFORMANCE MODULES, TS PERFORMANCE, POWERSLTO ROTORS, HAWK BRAKE PADS, FASS SYSTEMS by DPP, SUNCOAST TRANSMISSIONS, BOSCH INJECTION SNOW WATER METHANOL SYSTEMS, BULLY DOG PRODUCTS, ARP Studs, FLUIDAMPR, STANADYNE ADDITIVES.

I will weigh in by saying this.

As a business woman I feel that competative prices may be posted and are good for all concerned.

If you got a really sweet deal that may be considered to be "Cut throat" then please do not post the price as this can make being competative for some dealers of this fine products a lot tougher.

I find this in the gun business as I am a small shop with no where even close to the ability to buy the quantity that the big supper shops can.
    My sale prices reflect this too.

In the case of this posting please, if you like the folks you dealt with, recommend them and possibly encourage them to join TDP.

Lets keep the price things off the page.

I have quoted the price on a couple items I have purchased for my rigs but they were fair trade prices.

I hope this reflects my position on the posting of prices.

I am grateful for all the manufactures and dealers who have joined TDP and by keeping pricing out of the picture here (At laeast on the open posts) it keeps all parties happy.

If you wish to PM someone whos aks about the price, go right ahead.

*** I responded on this post solely because of an email alert I received regarding posting of prices ****

My 2 cents worth

Best

Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Sorry, I didn't realize posting prices was a no no. Anyone can go to Summits website and find this price however. I do have a problem with websites that are difficult to navigate and then say "call for the best price" If I can't order it online at 11:45PM in my pajamas I won't waste my time scanning that website in the future. There are exceptions; ie low overhead fab shops that make a particular part and don't have the resources for a fancy website. Summits website is very informative and easy to navigate, and usually has fast shipping, just not in this case. UPS said it should be here monday.

Craig

I had been the one that asked about posting the price I received from DPP - just didn't want to get anyone in trouble. I basically agree with Nelson about being able to find a price on the website instead of having to play games calling, but since this is a relatively new product and others seemed to have some shipping issues I went ahead and made the call.

I'll just say the price was better than others I've seen online for the product plus shipping to me and even if it was the same or only slightly more I would have gone with them for their support of the Diesel Page.
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Just wanted to follow up - received the Fluidampr on Monday (01/07/08).

Placed order with Diesel Performance Parts, Nashville, TN on 11/21/07. Credit card billed by DPP on 11/25/07. Shipped 01/03/08 from Horschel Motorsports, Springville, NY. Received in Harrisburg, PA 01/07/08.

As an aside, the box says "6.2L GM Diesel #800191" on the side of it. As stated above, that is the correct one for the mechanical models, but caused a certain amount of confusion for the 6.5L application - I really think that Fluidampr has to address that to make it easier on the end user.

Now just have to find some time to get it on the truck!
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Default Fluidampr

trbankii,

Yep so sorry about the delay's, we have had a number of them on back order for a long time, seems Fluidampr is having a great success in the light/medium duty sales arena and just can't produce them fast enough!! Usually we can ship you anything we stock same day. Thanks for your pruchase and enjoy it!!

Mark @ DPPI

Default Fluid Damper Results

Order placed
    Are you pleased with the results for the investment? I am considering one just now.
    Thanks
    Mark Magee
    98 Burb 2500 LT 4x4 VIN G, 4:10's 180K miles, Amsoil Bypass/full flow filters, Turbo Master, Heath ECU Reflash, Duraterm GP's, New Injectors, Walbro FRC-13 LP, 480LE Rebuilt 2X, Vacuum Pump Delete, K&N Filter, Fluid Damper, DTech remote bumper mount PMD, Kennedy Exhaust, Kennedy Fan Clutch, Robertshaw 192F stats, 2.5" Crossover, CAT gutted, Fumoto Drain, Alcoa Centerline Wheels, Ride Rite Airbags.
    2013 Keyston Fuzion 301 Toyhauler 9,100#s empty
    Velocity XLFG N34XL
    Brady Texas Hill Country

also... Who has the best price on these things currently? I may buy two during this purchase...

J
    1982 C10 SCSWB 6.5TD, mods too extensive to list. (13.69 1/4 mile @94.6 MPH) RACE TRUCK
    1982 C10 SCSWB 6.2NA, 2.73 700
    1986 C10 SCLWB 6.2TD 3.73 700
    1989 V20 SUB 6.2NA, 3.73 400
    1994 G20 VAN 6.5NA, 3.42 60E
    1994 K20LD ECSWB 6.5TD, 3.42 80E
    1995 K20 SUB 6.5TD, Wrecked, ran into by stupid teen.
    1995 C3500HD DRW 6.5TD, 12' Flatbed 5.13 80E
    1995 C3500HD DRW 6.5TD, 18' Rollback Wrecker 4.63 80E
    1994 C20HD ECLWB 6.5TD 3.73 80E Wifes Truck.
    1995 C20LD ECSWB 6.5TD 3.73 80E
    1995 K20LD SCLWB 6.5TD 3.73 80E
    1996 K30 DRW 6.5TD 4.10 80E
    1997 C10 Tahoe 2Door 2WD 5.7L to 6.5 Conversion Underway

Quote Originally Posted by john8662 View Post
    also... Who has the best price on these things currently? I may buy two during this purchase...

J
    Me too, one for the 6.5 and one for the duramax.

bueller?
    bueller?
    Bueller?
    I put the \'fu\' in fun!

I just bought one through Summit. Don't know if it was the best price, but it was the easiest to get to Canada through them.
    1997 Chevy K2500 E/C Auto - K & N Filter, 3" exhaust, no cat. Midas Flowmaster muffler, Kennedy ECM, Peninsular Diesel Marine upper intake manifold, 3-gauge 'B' Pillar gauge pod, Autometer Phantom gauges, Boost, EGT, and Tranny temp. Homemade air/air intercooler setup, with puller fan. Phazer Gear timing, Fluidampr harmonic balancer, 250,000 kms.
    2009 25' Springdale 5th wheel trailer
    1978 Z28 4sp Camaro (in middle of restoring it)
    1963 Dodge 2 dr. Hdtp., Model 440 (will be a Max Wedge clone)
    1979 GL1000 (Honda Goldwing)

Arrow

DIESEL PERFORMANCE PARTS INC. 1-866-455-7788 www.DIESELPERFORMANCEPARTS.COM WE GUARANTEE OUR PRICES, PERIOD!
    I saw this in an above message.... I imagine this means they'll meet or beat anyone's prices.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    I saw this in an above message.... I imagine this means they'll meet or beat anyone's prices.

Jim
    It might mean that, but it's currently like Schultz the Butcher:

Mrs. Goldstein: "Is this price right? $2.79 the pound for lamb chops?

Schultz: "Yes. $2.79"

Mrs. G: "But Schwartz has lamb chops at $1.89 the pound..."

Schultz: "So, buy your lamb chops at Scwartz!"

Mrs. G: "Schwartz is out of lamb chops."

Schultz: "When we're out of lamb chops, the price is $1.89 the pound also..."

Bottom line: The site claims no hit for the Fluidmpr...
    '94 Barth 28' Breakaway M/H ("StaRV II") diesel pusher: Spartan chassis, aluminum birdcage construction. Peninsular/AMG 6.5L TD (230HP), 18:1, Phazer, non-wastgated turbo, hi-pop injectors, 4L80E (Sun Coast TC & rebuild, M-H Pan), Dana 80 (M-H Cover), Fluidampr, EGT, trans temp, boost gage. Honda EV-4010 gaso genset, furnace, roof air, stove, microwave/convection, 2-dr. 3-way reefer. KVH R5SL Satellite. Cruises 2, sleeps 4, carries 6, and parties 8 (parties 12 - tested).

Stand-ins are an '02 Cadillac Escalade AWD 6.0L and an '06 Toyota Sienna Limited.

Default Upgrades

Hello

I am wondering if anyone knows if its ok or not to glue a set of magnets onto a Fluidamper harmonic balancer? I have started to get a little interested in sticking an Isspro tacometer on my truck and I know they use a pair of magnets and a hall effect sensor to generate a signal. I am starting to get a little worried about my origonal balancer because I am getting a pulsing vibration throughout the truck which I think is steming from the engine. Kind of along the same lines, does anyone have any advice for installing a gear drive set at the same time as I do the damper?

Thanks

a pulse through the truck could be a driveshaft, u joints. a little more info about the truck would be nice. pulling the tach from the alternator would be my choice..
    Project K-1
    75 GMC Jimmy with a 97 H-1 Hummer drivetrain on 1 ton axles.

Default The problem

I know its not the driveshaft or anything like that because it does it when the engine is running, not driving. It only does it soemtimes, its just s slow vibration, I know its a pulsing vibration at about .2hz. I believe it to be caused by the engine operating at something close to the natural frequency of the frame and/or body since I can shut the truck down in the middle of a pulse and you can here the vibration damp out. The Issprro tachometers are much more accurate than an alternator driven one due to the power pulses of the diesel engine and V belt setup. It should be fairly easy to achieve something less than 5% error with a hall effect sensor and a pair of magnets, or even better with more magnets. Anyways, I can see the rubber on my origonal damper starting to squish out from between the two steel halves. I figure after 26 years of service and 190000 miles it might just be time to deal with it before something really bad happens, kind of the same issue with a gear drive set, all preventative maintenence.