I am new to this forum, and I have to admit new to Diesels.

My father had had his '93 6.2 since 95. It has been and continues to be a great truck. He is consistently getting 22-24 MPG HWY running 70MPH.

I have an '06 crew cab 4x4 with only a thousand miles on it. I have the LLY motor (darn it!), and it is bone stock. The only change or addition is a Line-X spray in Bedliner. I have stock wheels and Tires, no bug deflector or ANY changes to the truck. So far, I haven't gotten better than 16 unloaded on the interstate at 65MPH. I think I am running the 3.73 gears in the rear, but I don't know how to tell for sure (can anyone tell me how to tell?).

I am sure that as the motor breaks in that I can expect it to get a 'little' better. What is 'average' for most LLY users? I have read several threads, and mine seems low.

I bought the truck for the power, and pulling. But, the MPGs attracted me too. Now I'm not really seeing them. Sorry for being so long winded, but this brings me to my real question.

Would the addition of an exhaust system and possibly a cold air intake increase my mileage? The added horsepower would be good, but I am most concerned about mileage. Also, I pull my 6K travel trailer a couple of times a month. So towing mileage is sort of a consideration too.

I am sort of a MPG nut, and would like to see a little better than 16. My 1/2 ton Chevy with 5.3 gasser got 18 MPG REGULARLY at 70-75 on the interstate (Really!)