Our Cruze Diesel was a fabulous car, without a doubt. However, nearly 3 years and 55K miles into it, the complicated decision to part ways was made. The end of "free" service and the upcoming need for tires and interval servicing, now on my dime, made the math right to trade (up or down, yet to be seen). My only regret is, I wish I had taken the time to sell it, rather than trade.

We were planning on trading into a 2017 Cruze Diesel, however they wouldn't be available until after January, even for orders. Anticipating the trade within a few months, we went to the dealer lots to have a look and get a feel of the new body style and interior, as well as a closer look at the Cruze Hatch, now on lots. It only took seconds to remove the Hatch as an option, so back to the sedan (for several reasons, GM screwed the pooch on that one, IMO). Enter the 2017 Volt Premier. The dealer had a few of them on the lot. It looked intriguing, stylish, and (very) sporty. Took a 20 minute test drive, did a little research and crunched the numbers. It was a done deal from that point. The end cost was actually less than moving into a new Cruze, all told. Prepared to order one when our salesman located one exactly as what we were preparing to order. They brought it, and we bought it, 3.5 weeks ago. So far, we're very impressed with the whole package. It works as advertised. I won't go into details, but will answer any questions anyone may have. 90 MPG average (compensated for grid power costs), so far, and it only looks to get better as we get more familiar with the car and are able to take advantage of lower grid power cost strategies. Wife's happy, so I'm happy!

I'm closing the chapter on this one now. It was a fine car. No problems with it, whatsoever. There were some issues with exhaust sensors, but the dealer handled that quickly with little inconvenience. The car returned 50+ MPG highway, with an average 44 MPG mixed hwy/city/mtn. Well above the EPA estimate, but from what I've heard from other Cruze Diesel owners, not unusual.

If anyone is interested in this fine vehicle, it's for sale at Liberty Chevrolet in Selma, CA, at a fair price. Their online listing doesn't do it justice (other than the excellent pics), so don't hesitate to contact me with any questions. It has many features (OEM) they didn't list.