Thread: New 6.2/6.5 Tech Forum

Arrow New 6.2/6.5 Tech Forum

We're creating a brand new 6.2/6.5 Tech forum where the best technical information from the other forums will eventually be located. Dr. Lee isn't leaving us. He'll stop in from time to time, and will help keep us pointed in the right direction.

In the meantime, moderators can move the best tech threads from the 6.2/6.5 forums into this new forum, and some threads that exist now in this forum might be transferred to other more appropriate forums. Over time, this forum could become the most valuable for 6.2/6.5 owners.

Suggestions are welcome.

Jim

Arrow What about me ? ? ?

All I ever hear about is Dr. Lee, when the Clevite Kid contributes half the stuff there is on the old NA diesels.

But I think that is OK, the Doc and I get along just fine, in fact we NEVER disagree on anything !!

So both of us will be here to contribute what we can.
    The Clevite Kid
    TheDieselPage Member # 6
    1984 C-10 6.5L SAA (Swanger-Avant Aspirated), Custom 700R4
    Occasional Nitrous Oxide.

Talking All are welcome

. . . even you, Clevite Kid. Even though you are always following me around and copying my ideas, you always give credit where it is due. And you are 100% correct, you and I NEVER disagree on anything ! !
    Dr. Lee

1984 C-10, custom 6.5L SAA, custom 700R4, Gone but NOT FORGOTTEN

Good Day!

I think we need to check what's actually in those extra tanks in the bed of that pretty red pickup, & whether it's directed to the engine or the cab...

Blessings!
    82 6.2NA K15 4X4 pickup, 4spd man w/ OD, 335K+ "In Rust We Trust" (parked)
    95 6.5TD 2500 4X4 pickup, Gear Vendors Aux. OD, > ¼ million miles - gone
    95 6.5TD 1500 4X4 3/4T Suburban, Kennedy exhaust, > ¼ million miles
    93 6.5TD 3500 4X4 1T crew cab LB pickup, 230k miles

It would be nice if they disagreed once in a while. I think it would make the rest of us feel a little more normal. But....What is normal, anyway??
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Good Day!

"You laugh at me because I'm not normal, I laugh at you because you are..."

Blessings!
    (signature in previous post)

Having worked in the industry off and on for many years I have always found that polite disagreement is good as it stimulates thought and that in turn allows for the learning curve to progress much faster.
    I have seen mechanics that always tossed out the statement " Well that wont work" and you ask "Why" and the answer is always " Because it just wont" HMMMMMMMMMMM what is wrong with this?? They dont know why but its not their idea so it wont work.
    This forum has impressed me over the years as we see such diversity of ideas being shared with the outcome being that everyone benefits and problems get fixed. ARE YOU LISTENING GM???/????/???

Keep up the great work folks

Talking Wild idea for a 6.2

Many of you have followed the progression of my Humvee Kit car build.
    I have done some major amounts of work on the 6.2/6.5 over the years and have had several of the little GM engines 82 Jimmy, 84 3/4 ton, 86 Suburban, 93 3/4 ton, 94 1 ton, 2 more 94 Subs and aan 84 blazer.
    I have rebuilt several for others as well as my own.
    I am giving serious thought to building a wild twin turbo'ed 6.2 for the Hummer kit.
    I have a metric buttload of room under the tilt front end and can easily fit all the needed hardware.
    I am thinking about treating each turbo seperately and keeping the large dual exhaust that I just finished building for the beast in the form of 5 inch side pipes with integral mufflers.
    Most likely this will require a different turbo than the stocker as each turbo will be fed by only 4 cylinders. I think an aftercooler would be a nice touch too. Possibly feed both turbo's into a common aftercooler then dump it to the manifold. If nothing else it will look way kewl.
    I have a near new set of .75mm oversize pistons with rods. The comp height could be cut slightly and ceramic coating done. drop the comp ratio to 18:1 and stuff this thing. Possibly even do a supercharger with one turbo flowing into that. Many possibilities to try!!! Maybe twin superchargers would be interesting.
    Hmmmmmm here I go thinking again.
    I think I hear my checkbook sucking into a vacuum already!!!

Default Twin turbo?

Hi Robyn,

Check your archives, there is a pretty good recepy for a twin turbo 6.2.
    I did run this truck ever since and its working better then I expected.

Look it up, it might be a good place to start.

Peter
    '85 CUCV blazer 6.2 twin turbo diesel (300 HP ), 4L80E with PCS trans controller '64 F350 tow truck (restoration project)

This forum will morph some over time. We would prefer that you post all new 6.2/6.5 questions/threads in either the "6.5L Turbo Diesel" or "6.2L Diesel" forums. Moderators & admin may move selected hi-value threads from those forums into this one.

This forum may eventually become a "sticky" forum - a repository for the best tech.

Post your thoughts here in this thread about the idea of a "sticky" forum. We're open to suggestions for what you think would work best.

Thanks,

Jim

Good Idea!!!!!
    82 6.2NA K15 4X4 pickup, 4spd man w/ OD, 335K+ "In Rust We Trust" (parked)
    95 6.5TD 2500 4X4 pickup, Gear Vendors Aux. OD, > ¼ million miles - gone
    95 6.5TD 1500 4X4 3/4T Suburban, Kennedy exhaust, > ¼ million miles
    93 6.5TD 3500 4X4 1T crew cab LB pickup, 230k miles