Thread: 1995 C3500 2wd 6.5 Clutch Issue

Angry 1995 C3500 2wd 6.5 Clutch Issue

I am having a problem with the clutch in my truck not fully disengaging.
    I can stand on the pedal lifting myself off the seat and the clutch is still creating some friction. When the truck is cold this does not happen. When it heats up the problem starts until it is impossible to shift the truck. There is enough friction to pull the truck up a hill in the granny gear with the clutch pressed to the floor. It seems like if there was just another 1/64th of an in. (guess) the clutch would function properly. Is there any adjustment or diagnosis (master or slave cyl.) to this problem. If there is an adjustment, where is it made?

Thank you for reading.

SS

Question 5-Speed Transmission Manual

Also,

Are there any good recommendations for a manual or tech book in the 5-speed transmission for a 95 c3500 6.5l TD?

I believe you have a hydraulic clutch. If you do this can be caused by low fluid level and air has gotten into the system. Just like brakes, air and hydraulics don't go well together, so the air has to be bled out of the the lines. There is probably a bleed screw a lot like brakes have were you can bleed the air from the line.

I went through this senario a couple of years ago and a couple of the originals here saved my butt after I had the trans out once and at least three new master cylinders on it. The pivot point on the arm in the bell housing had worn nearly through and the effective travel of the pedal was reduced quite a bit. I did not believe the suggestion that this was the problem until I saw it first hand but the dealer said that they stock the arm and ball as it is fairly common! I was doing the labor myself and would hate to have paid someone to misdiagnose the problem (like I was). Good luck and let us know how it goes.Jeff
    P.S. I had never seen this on any zoom cars which is why I was suspicious of this cause of my problem.
    93 Crew Cab Dually,6.5 5speed, 4:10 rear,235/85's,Turbo-master, Boost & Pyro, 3inch open exhaust from the turbo on out, pump mods to come.
    38ft Featherlite trailer to haul the car

When moving / working around the metal line from master to slave, be very careful. The master and slave are plastic and won't take ANY abuse. There is an Alleen screw on the slave to bleed it. Don't over tighten!

Pivot ball is a very common problem with these trucks. Have you lubed it since you have had it? Zerk on bottom of bell housing just in front of the trans.

Metal lines are held in with a roll pin. I usually use a small finish nail and channel locks to squeeze it out. Just no force on the cylinders. And np there is no adjustment on the travel I could find. When you pull the trans be real careful with the pilot bearing, needle bearings in a light cage unless someone has upgraded it with a bronze bearing.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

5150, You are right about the bearing.I forgot that mine was junk and I replaced it with a bronze bushing. JEFF
    93 Crew Cab Dually,6.5 5speed, 4:10 rear,235/85's,Turbo-master, Boost & Pyro, 3inch open exhaust from the turbo on out, pump mods to come.

Any Luck with the issue at hand?