Thread: Replace 6.2L with New 6.5L

I got a dealer quote in Reno of a 6.5L longblock crate engine: $6,700.00 I found an outfit in Brooklyn on the web called International Diesel Ltd. The claim to offer the same thing for $4,500.00. Has anyone had experience with this company?

Take a look at the Diesel Service Group. You can get a 6.5L long block with injectors, injection pump, timing gears and stud girdle for pretty much the same price as what you are being quoated. DSG is well recognized on this board. I am very pleased with the engine I got from them.

TimK
    85\' GMC Sub, 4x4, 3/4Ton, 6.2L Diesel<br />67\' Land Rover Series 2A, 2.5L Diesel<br />00\' VW Beetle, 1.9L Diesel TDI <br />90\' Range Rover - soon to be Diesel<p>So what do you do with gelled Diesel fuel? Smear it on toast and have another cup of coffee until it gets warmer outside.

nathan71 Guest

Look at paceparts.com. They have a 6.5 goodwrench engine for years 92-95 for about $2400, that has been tempting me. I have yet to call about it.

Who in Reno did you get the price from?

I got the quote from the Champion Chevrolet dealership.
    The DSG sells rebuilts only, right? From what I've heard of cracking, I'd prefer to stay with a factory crate engine and reuse my maifolds, etc.

You should call DSG and get the facts from them. They could tell you for sure. Whether it's a new block or a seasoned rebuilt block, either way is a good bet. The important thing is the rebuilt block is checked.

TimK
    85\' GMC Sub, 4x4, 3/4Ton, 6.2L Diesel<br />67\' Land Rover Series 2A, 2.5L Diesel<br />00\' VW Beetle, 1.9L Diesel TDI <br />90\' Range Rover - soon to be Diesel<p>So what do you do with gelled Diesel fuel? Smear it on toast and have another cup of coffee until it gets warmer outside.