Thread: Hard to start

Default Hard to start

3 weeks ago, local chevy dealer installed all new injectors, every thing seems to be fine. But all of the sudden when i start my truck it will die, start it again and it will die. After the second or third try it takes 3 to 4 times longer to start, if i bring up the prime at the filter housing then everything is ok for a while and then it will be hard to start again. Any ideas what the problem is. I did not have this problem before the new injectors were in stalled. 2003 lb7. 127,000 miles.
    ORDERED 1-15-03 ARRIVED 2-10-03= 03/2500HD/D/A/EXT.CAB LT/ LONG BOX/4X4/CARBON METALLIC/ONSTAR/ TTT CAMPER MIRRORS/WESTIN BOARDS WITH LITES/HUSKY FLOOR LINERS/PRO FIT FLAPS/ACCESS TONNO/LINEX BED RAILS/ FUMOTO OIL DRAIN VALVE,
    BEDRUG/BILSTEIN SHOCKS/ ISSPRO EGT GAUGE/RED LINE LUBE, BANKS EXHAUST BRAKE. GALAXY 929 CB/ WILSON 1000.KENNEDY LIFT PUMP.

Arrow

Sounds like an air entry problem. If you need to re-prime the fuel filter, there's air getting in somewhere.

You could pressurize the fuel tank using no more than 5 to 10 psi (wrap a regulated air hose to seal it, then stuff it into the tank filler neck). A possible leak site will weep fuel.

Also, a fuel cap that is holding too mcuh vacuum will make a leaking fuel line worse, as it will pull air into the fuel line system when the engine is off.

Jim

Adding a lift pump to pressurize the bulk of the system will help keep the air out and if the leak is significant it will start to seep identifying the problem area.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!