Thread: 83 Chevy 6.2 trouble starting as day goes on

Default 83 Chevy 6.2 trouble starting as day goes on

Hi all how are you? I have a 83 Chevy c20 6.2 Diesel. My voltage was dropping as the day went on and had trouble starting. So I replaced batteries and alternator, now voltage is perfect running and off. I bench tested the started and it seemed good. Nothing loose and engaged the way it's suppose to.

So now the question is what the hell can it be? It's starts perfectly the first few starts of the day. There doesn't seem to be water in the water/fuel bowl. It looks a little dirty that's about it. Could it be that or fuel filter? Maybe glow plug relay? Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxamis2003 View Post
    My voltage was dropping as the day went on and had trouble starting. So I replaced batteries and alternator, now voltage is perfect running and off.
    I was going to say you had a drain on the batteries, but you say the voltage is perfect after the battery and alternator were replaced? If it is perfect, what is the problem now?
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Welcome to the club.
    Old habits, die hard.