Thread: Injector Lines on One Side Not Bleeding

Default Injector Lines on One Side Not Bleeding

Reinstalled my cylinder head on the passenger side, reconnected everything, reinstalled the Racor filter the PO installed, cracked open all eight injectors and started cranking. Fuel weeped out all four injectors on the driver side, and one injector on the left side fuel dropped from one of the rubber “crossover” tubes (going from injector to injector). No leaks from the injector pump fittings, filter is full, I installed a clear line on the return feed from the IP, said clear line is filled with fuel and no bubbles. I only removed the four injector lines to the passenger side, prior to reinstalling I blew brake cleaner both ways through all four of those lines and had a good spray going through.
    Any thoughts why I’m not getting fuel to only those four?

The "crossover" lines are the fuel injector return lines (goes back the tank). If you're getting fuel from them, then the injectors are working, or beginning to work. It takes quite a bit of cranking to get fuel through the injectors to the nozzles, beginning with empty lines. More cranking is in order. It helps if you remove the glow pugs for easier/faster cranking, and you'll see fuel misting from the GP holes when they do begin to pop.

Additionally, if you have fuel to 5 cylinders, I'd just start it and let the engine help you finish the bleeding. It will run, albeit rough, on 5 cylinders. The others will catch up very quickly that way.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Ok, I ran the batteries down cranking it and put it back on a battery charger for the night, I’ll hit it again in the morning.
    Next step is diagnosing the glow plug controller, looks like the PO installed a momentary switch but it doesn’t illuminate the dash light so I’m going to pull a plug in the morning and double check that it is heating up with the switch pressed.

Huge thanks to DMAX for the advice, I left the 3 injectors cracked on one side, cranked it a few times this morning and she fired right up! No smoke, no stumbles, once there was a little diesel squirting from the 3 dry injectors I tightened them back up and took this old RV for a quick spin. It’s leaking a bit of coolant and a little diesel from th one leaking return line, so it’s not driveable yet (not to mention brakes need work) but it actually runs very smoothly. Only 34,000 miles on the engine so it should go for a long time.

That's great!

If a return line is leaking, it's time for a set. The good set isn't expensive, and ensures long use. Kennedy Diesel has them, complete with correct hose lengths and the termination caps. Don't just use rubber hose that fits, or you'll be revisiting it on a regular basis.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Yeah I’ve bought some stuff from Kennedy before, definitely going to be placing an order for some odds and ends.
    Thanks again, I got this RV from a former forum member here, he left a ton of random parts inside from other vehicles so it took me a while to sort out what was part of this and what wasn’t. It’s nice to have it running again, I know my wife is happy to not have a derelict in the driveway.

Happy Wife.Happy Life
    For you sake i hope that rule applies.
    I had one were nothing made her happy.
    She decided that the grass was greener on the other side of the country,that made me happy
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews