Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1999 C/K3500 Duramax Conversion - Motor Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by westerncorvette View Post
    So we got our truck running good but one issue we encoutered was that we keep having to prime the system to get it to fire. It seems like its draining back into the tank. Once its running it runs fine.

Any thoughts? Should there be a checkvalve somewhere as there wasnt one in the 02 Duramax fuel sending unit we installed.

Thanks

Les
    Drainback issues are usually due to a leak somewhere in the fuel supply line/filter and/or perhaps excessive vacuum in the tank (bad cap vent).

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by westerncorvette View Post
    So we got our truck running good but one issue we encoutered was that we keep having to prime the system to get it to fire. It seems like its draining back into the tank. Once its running it runs fine.

Any thoughts? Should there be a checkvalve somewhere as there wasnt one in the 02 Duramax fuel sending unit we installed.

Thanks

Les
    I would check the 5 rubber fuel lines on the engine and the fuel primer in the top of the fuel filter head. There isan O-ring that seals the base of teh primer pump that is known to cause air leaks and extended crank times.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, 3.42 gears, 261 T-case
    Trans has a mild build with ALOT of help from MIKE L. which included ALTO's for C1-C4 and a PI ML converter
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust with a CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, EFILIVE, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

I made a discovery with the hard start that if I had the tech2 plugged in and turned on it would fire right up. Going to redo the ECM grounds and see what happens.
    Western Corvette Service and Performance Ltd.
    Calgary AB, Canada
    403-255-2111
    [URL="http://www.westerncorvette.com"]www.westerncorvette.com[/URL]