Thread: Lly Duramax problems

Default Lly Duramax problems

I have a 04 Chevy 2500HD Duramax with the lly engine and I'm having injector wire connection issues inside the fuel injection control module plug I've tried ice picking the driverside which is the side I'm having problems with I end up getting P0202 P0205 P0208 But it'll also throw codes from the passenger side which I don't understand because everything I've done leads to the plug and not the injector plugs I've had this issue going on almost a year now and sometimes it'll run great for a week or more and it'll start acting up again I'm looking to see if there are any other solutions without having to take it to a dealership and paying $2500 dollars with 1500 being in labor

I seem to remember the wiring harness on these engines having some problems with chafing. Wearing through wire insulation could result in an intermittent short which, while tough to track down, could be the issue.

I've gone through and I found where it had chafed and I used electrical tape to seal it and if that didn't work I spliced the wires together sealing it but that's not fixed it either

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcC View Post
    I've gone through and I found where it had chafed and I used electrical tape to seal it and if that didn't work I spliced the wires together sealing it but that's not fixed it either
    Welcome aboard!

Replace the harness. There's really no other successful solution. Splice/repair has never worked. Not once that I'm aware of.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
    Welcome aboard!

Replace the harness. There's really no other successful solution. Splice/repair has never worked. Not once that I'm aware of.
    Good to know. Thanks!
    GMC Sierra 2500hd 2004.5 now with ARP studs

I don't know that the harnesses are even available are they? If they are they are very spendy.

I would be looking in the harness where it ties down to the FICM as the major chafe point.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

$ 900.00 FOR MY 05 C 4500 ! what a rip off!!