someone asked the head is fine however the block is not good anyone happen to know where I can pick up a good LB7 Block or tell me a machine shop that can bore this block,

I received a call from my machine shop (being using same guy 20 plus years) the block is what they referred to as leopard block around the top of the cylinders thye have induction hardened the place if you look at it they look like leopard spots. they called there machine shop resource asking about a bulletin that they have that shows you can not cut this with a boring bar. He asked how they are over sizing this engine he was told they are honing to the all the way to the over size how ever to install a sleeve they would have to take .125" all the way around to make a sleeve fit that is if they can find a sleeve for this engine no one list a sleeve for it e told me the names of the sleeve companies one i think was LA sleeve not sure about the other was in to much shock to find out I can not fix this engine. the industry resource told him he did not know of anyone sleeveing a Duramax block he figures its being done just not sure where.

so anyone has a good LB7 email me or if you know some one that has sleeved one of these blocks point me in there direction please everyday the truck set I lose money guess I guess night have to bit the bullet and by a used engine I found $4000 with 112K on it with a warranty.