Thread: Kennedy Diesel

Default Kennedy Diesel

I'd like to start by thanking Jim for starting this group of forums for us vendors.

A little bit about Kennedy Diesel:

We are a small shop located in Central WI. There are 3 of us here full time. I (John) do all the phone tech and some limited service as time allows. Elaine does the order processing and accounting. Carol packs the orders and does general building maintenance. We do take injector, head gasket, transmission projects etc on a case by case basis. For these projects I bring in Jeremy who is also a Dmax owner and I've known for probably 13yrs now.

My support of the GM 6.2/6.5 diesel began in about 1998 when I bought a used 1996 Sierra 2500 with the 6.5 TD. Elaine and I along with my Daughter Jamie attended the second? Rendezvous (remember those) back in 2000 when it was just a dozen or so 6.2/6.5 guys hanging out at the Bigley residence. I don't think we missed an event until I believe it was 2007. This was the year that my Dad got sick plus it was getting to be just too much to travel. I remember the 2006 event we left Loyal WI, competed in the Pull Off, and were back home in less than 72hrs. Considering it's over 24hrs travel 1 way...

Over the years I have owned quite a number of GM diesel trucks. I find it hard to let go. From my '82 6.2, to my '96 6.5, then my first ever new vehicle my 2002 LB7 Dmax is still with me. My 2005 LLY was a workhorse for several years along with my 2007 LBZ as a runabout/fishing truck. The 2005 found a new home when friends of the family inquired about it and Elaine said give them a price. Who was I to turn down "permission" to buy a new truck? The price I offered was accepted without haggle and my 2012 GMC was ordered.

I have always felt that in order to truly know the vehicles that you are supporting takes years of ownership and experience. My days of owning the 6.2/6.5 are over, but I logged many years and miles working them. I now have Dmax only, but continue to support the early trucks as well.

I've done the competition thing and pushed the limits. I have my 1000+RWHP in my 2002 if I feel the need, but these days I prefer a simpler approach. Just a good Kennedy Custom ECM tune and maybe some longevity mods like lift pumps and secondary filtration. So nice to just get in and drive a clean running, quiet truck. I think it's a combination of factors that influenced my shift. The first being the loss of Dad before he ever even got a chance to retire. Being a Grandpa (x2) also shifts focus as well as getting older overall. Don't get me wrong I still know how to make these things motivate, I'm just not into tearing up my own stuff any more.

So if you are looking for a no nonsense, blunt and to the point advice I'm your guy. Just don't ask me to sugar coat it...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

John,
    I just want to thank you for great service. I have always purchased my filters and many additional parts from you. Additionally, you have provided me with good advice about keeping my D/A running properly. I will be ordering a Kennedy custom tune in the near future, thanks again for the great support.

Your next DP post will be #10'000

John
    *2006 Chevy, 3500, 4X4, DRW, (LBZ) D/A, CC, LT, 252K Miles, 19.5" Wheels, Mag Hytec Transmission Pan and Differential Cover, SS Grill Guard, Racor 2 micron aux fuel filter, 100 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank, using Edge Evolution, Predator Diablosport, Kennedy ECM tune, Fitch Fuel Catalyst.

*2006 Four Winds, Dutchman, 36', RV, D/A, 5500 Kodiak.
    *1993 Harley Davidson, Turbo charged, Springer Softail.
    *2007 Pontiac Solstice.
    *2005 Jeep, Liberty, CRD (diesel).
    *Full-timing in USA, see America first.

BUY AMERICAN or CANADIAN, NOTHING from CHINA .

Thanks John

Kind of passed the 10,000 mark
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.

Default pistons

hello . my name is david .I just wanted to know if you still had over size pistons available ? got a set of stock and now thw machine shop tells me that it will need over size just need to know what I can get out there thanks

We haven't been stocking pistons due to the custom nature, but we can still get them. Drop me an email with what you need and I'll see what we can do.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner

Default CP4 and delete for off roading

John
    I just sold my top kick with your filtration and your lift pump on it. Her name was Charlotte and with your help she gave me trouble free tows.
    I now have a GMC 2015 2500 HD Sierra Regular Box
    I would like to know what all this I'm reading about CP4, CP3, egr deletes, exhausts, lift pumps, filtration, so so forth

I just don't know much about these LML's and want my truck to perform better off road
    Can you help

Mark
    2007.5 GMC SLE 2500 HD LMM **SOLD**
    Owned 2006 GMC Sierra CC LLY/LBZ *2 not a D in SN* 214K Purchased 3/2010
    CC/SB/4x4 Summit White
    Owned a 2002 GMC CC LB7 CC sold with 135K
    Now 2015 GMC Crew Cab Duramax/Allison
    Custom Tool box

Same general rules apply. Better, cleaner fuel supplied without restriction and air help prolong the life of the fuel system.

The CP4 has been very reliable overall, BUT in the event of failure they tend to fragment and send shavings through the entire fuel system making for VERY costly repair bill in the $9k+ range. That said, I would not change one for the sake of changing it.

My LML fuel supply system: KD Twin pump deluxe kit pushing fuel to the OE fuel filter. Filtermag RA450 on the OE filter. KD Mega filter under air boy tray plumbed as a secondary filter. All of my fuel is treated in bulk with FPPF Total Power and comes from my own 500 gallon tank.

Feel free to drop me an email or give me a ring.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner

From way back..
    Attached Images Attached Images