Thread: 2020 duramax info

Default 2020 duramax info

Anyone checked into the 2020 gm offerings for GMC and Silverado Diesel 6.6. (L5P)? What about the new 6.6 gas engine (L8T). I'm told you can't get the 10 speed transmission with the gas engine, only the diesel engine. Heard any different?
    02 2500HD LT D/A SB CC 4X4 BLACK, Westin stainless nerf bars, BW GN Hitch,Racor 60S post oem fuel filter, Oil Guard bypass engine oil Filter. All synthetic fluids. Kennedy boost valve, edge, Modified air intake,EGT & Boost digital gauge,TransferFlow combo fuel & tool box, Air Lift Suspesion Bags Rear & compressor with remote, Bilsteins front & rear, Frontier front replacement bumper.

When it comes to outstanding fuel efficiency that doesn’t compromise on capability, the new Duramax® 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I-6 engine for the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 is a seriously smart powertrain.

This latest engine builds off a deep understanding of the diesel powertrain space, earning the legendary Duramax badge by the high level of attention paid to maximizing its durability and efficiency that other diesel engines in the GMC family are known for. I wil be using it for all my towing services needs

Offering up to an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway, the Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel not only gives you the most efficient Sierra 1500 ever, but is an ideal powertrain for off-road adventurers with a powerful 460 lb-ft of torque
    Last edited by DmaxMaverick; 05-15-2020 at 11:04. Reason: Removed unauthorized commercial link

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by tapas View Post
    When it comes to outstanding fuel efficiency that doesn’t compromise on capability, the new Duramax® 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I-6 engine for the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 is a seriously smart powertrain.

This latest engine builds off a deep understanding of the diesel powertrain space, earning the legendary Duramax badge by the high level of attention paid to maximizing its durability and efficiency that other diesel engines in the GMC family are known for. I wil be using it for all my towing services needs

Offering up to an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway, the Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel not only gives you the most efficient Sierra 1500 ever, but is an ideal powertrain for off-road adventurers with a powerful 460 lb-ft of torque
    I was going to delete this, but thought better of it, maybe use it as a demonstration. This is what a spam reply looks like. Sure, it looks legit, but many of you will catch some of what's wrong with it. I'll even invite a response from the poster, although I seriously doubt he/she will. First, the post content is right out of a manufacturer's promotion campaign, with no original content, other than part of the second paragraph (bold part). There's probably some copyright infringement issues, as well. Grammatical and spelling errors aside, I removed a link to a "towing service" website, seemingly a US company. Problem is, other than perhaps support vehicles, no towing service in the US is employing 1/2 ton vehicles, which is the limit of the powertrain of discussion. The linked website showed only HD vehicles, and none of them GM. Additionally, the reply was posted within 3 minutes of registering a new account here. While not specifically prohibited, it is common of spammers. They register, then post prepared threads or replies very quickly, knowing they will be discovered eventually, hoping to get a few views and a Google (or other search service) archive with the link(s) intact. Sometimes it works. This reply was edited before any views were recorded, so a fail. Other flags in this case that regular users don't see is, a suspicious email address (name or domain), and an IP address that resolves to Kenya. The IP is spoofed, which an instant disqualifying factor. It's OK to not tell us where you are, but to lie about it is another issue entirely. Anyway, I thought some of you may find this interesting.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Hi,

How does that IP scan work if my VPN is using a non US server?

Just curious...
    Rich Phillips
    Member #27
    2019 K-2500 Crew Cab Z71
    Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL Fifth Wheel
    In The Past: '82 6.2 Jimmy Blazer, '93 6.5 GMC K-2500, '01 DMAX K-2500, '09 DMAX K-2500

Quote Originally Posted by richp View Post
    Hi,

How does that IP scan work if my VPN is using a non US server?

Just curious...
    A normal IP trace (whois, etc.) will just route to the VPN, and they identify as such. VPNs are no secret, only their clients. Identities can still be obtained with the proper process, such as a Federal warrant for US hosts, or Interpol for international. There are no (legitimate) VPNs in Kenya that I'm aware of. Beware of any VPN that routes from or through the EU and many other countries. They can be obtained without warrants by EU/country governments. The UK and Canada are as secure as The US. Still, VPNs can be hacked like any other routing system, and are with regularity. They aren't absolutely "secure". A more accurate description is "less un-secure".
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks. I'm not very technically competent. - just curious.
    Rich Phillips
    Member #27
    2019 K-2500 Crew Cab Z71
    Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL Fifth Wheel
    In The Past: '82 6.2 Jimmy Blazer, '93 6.5 GMC K-2500, '01 DMAX K-2500, '09 DMAX K-2500

Wait, you mean the check I cashed for this guy might bounce?
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510