Thread: The GM 6.2L/6.5L Diesels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow The GM 6.2L/6.5L Diesels

The GM 6.2L/6.5L Diesels
    Performance, Fuel Economy, Service & Modification
    Updated Book Series!

2018 was a huge year for our book series here at The Diesel Page. Every one of the 6.2L/6.5L books you see here received a complete makeover, and each of them were then ultimately printed at a new high quality state-of-the-art facility.

See: https://www.thedieselpage.com/newbooks2018.htm
    Last edited by More Power; 10-02-2023 at 10:22.

Thumbs up

I received the following message over the weekend from a new member. Thought you all might be as encouraged by it as I was.

At 07:40 AM 12/5/2020:
    Hey Jim!, I own a 1993 Chevy 1500 with a 6.2 non turbo diesel, and I just wanted to shoot you an email and tell you that all the upgrades you and I have talked about in recent emails helped a ton!! Plus I have all the books you published, I upgraded the intake manifold to the “non EGR” one, I upgraded the air filter to a K&N, as well as the 3” from manifold back, lastly I had my local diesel shop turn up the light duty IP and let me tell you THAT THING RUNS wow I never thought that truck would be that strong of a runner ever, it will smoke the tires for a good 5-10 ft and I can see now that the beautiful black smoke is telling me its time for a turbo someday, but as Dr.Lee would say "we don’t need no stinking turbo" thank you again for all the help and for publishing all those books on the old Detroits, we will talk again soon once I get my 6.5 turbo diesel project done!.

Sincerely,

Keegan S, Diesel Page member since 2020

Thumbs up Good news!

Positive feedback is always welcome here at TDP. Here's a message I received today that I thought I'd share with you all.

From Joe Goss - Received TheDieselPage.com Forums on 2023-09-30

Jim,
    Earlier this year I contacted you by phone because I was having problems with my 95 Chevy C3500 w/6.5L Turbo Diesel engine. You recommended I get the 6.2/6.5 Diesel Troubleshooting & Repair Guide along with Vol's I & II of the 6.5L Turbo Diesel book. I got these and began reading through all the articles. I gained so much more knowledge on my truck's engine and how it operates. I was able to determine my truck's main problem (bad oil pressure switch - & the 1st replacement switch I got was bad also!) and repair it. I then found and repaired several other issues. This was due to the increased knowledge and confidence gained by reading these books. I bought this truck used from the original owner back in 2003. I used it mainly as a farm truck and back-up vehicle. I have had ongoing problems with it over these past 20 years, mostly with the PMD. I wish I had discovered your website back in 2003 when I bought the truck.

My wife and I moved earlier this year and I put more miles on this truck in the last six months than I had in the previous 20 years. Most of these miles were pulling a trailer as we moved not only our home items but all my farm equipment and livestock as well. The truck performed well. Without your help, this would not have been possible.

Thanks again for your work over the last 25 years helping people like me understand how this engine works and how to make it reliable.

Joe Goss