Thread: LB7 Y bridge connection-What wire goes here?

Default LB7 Y bridge connection-What wire goes here?

Been working on my truck for a while and can't remember what wire connects to the y bridge and am not finding a wire that wants to connect there. Any help please. This is a 2002 duramax. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2002 2500HD duramax/allison Ext. Cab, Long bed, gray, bed rug, fumoto valve, dta running boards, peragon cover,amsoil

Arrow

Which connector? The loose nut on the pipe below the intake heater? Support bracket, perhaps? Can't see it on an assembled engine, it's buried under the compressor inlet (I looked). The diagram shows the stud, but makes NO mention of it.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

yes, the loose nut (loose in my picture) below the intake heater. I know it is buried under stuff when everything is together, that is why I don't want to continue to put things back together without knowing what should be connected there. I don't think it could be much more than a ground, but want to see if anyone knows for sure.
    2002 2500HD duramax/allison Ext. Cab, Long bed, gray, bed rug, fumoto valve, dta running boards, peragon cover,amsoil

Arrow

I thought about a ground, at first, but a bracket and the close position to the fuel pipes seemed to make more sense, at the time. Perhaps the heater ground, rather than grounding it through the manifolds. The diagrams don't mention or show it, and it isn't listed on the ground distribution chart.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

Thanks for checking on the diagrams. That is a good thought about a bracket. I do have an extra bendable wire holder that I wasn't sure where it went and that could be the place--although there doesn't seem to be a wire next to it there are some in the area.

If anyone has a chance to look at their LB7 and can see in there, please let me know!

Thanks DmaxMaverick!

Ken

There was a strap I believe that went around the barrel of the fuel pressure relief valve that extends from the function block.

Looks like: =====O with a break in the side of the O of course.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Thanks, John! I will look around to see if I have anything like that lying around.

That was it! A metal strap lined with rubber. Thanks for everyone's response!

Ken,
    Isn't this place awesome!
    Having guys around like Kennedy and DMAX is priceless!
    d
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by KenZ View Post
    That was it! A metal strap lined with rubber. Thanks for everyone's response!
    Did you take a pic of it, in place, before sealing it in the tomb? If you did, please post it here, and be the only one anywhere on the web!
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A