Thread: 6.2 turbo manifold options

Default 6.2 turbo manifold options

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and so far I've learned alot! I have a 86 k20 I swapped a 6.2 in that came out of a cucv. I'm wondering which turbo manifold I should go with? I can buy a banks manifold or a used 6.5 one but I'm not sure what I should go with. I plan on using a hx35 clone turbo that has a vband outlet. I'd love to hear opinions about both options and the pros and cons of each. I've heard the 6.5 manifold causes clearance issues on these older trucks but only with the GM turbo that has the funky cast downpipe.

The problem is the stock 6.5 turbo exhaust manifold is the location the turbo sits is mid way of the motor, this causes the interference with the heater box in those trucks..

If you can find a old Banks manifold that moves the turbo forward you will have more room....

Their is a Banks manifold & turbo on flee bay right now, the person likes it a lot and the turbo would need to be rebuilt if used...
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

I was talking to a banks rep the other day and they sell the manifold separately straight from them, and that's what I heard but my truck has just heat and no hvac, I heard it only affects A/C equppied trucks? Oh and I heard you have to have short injectors to clear the manifold but I already have a set of 6.5 turbo injectors for when I do turbo it

Sounds like you are good to go then.
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GreasemonkeyK20 View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to this forum and so far I've learned alot! I have a 86 k20 I swapped a 6.2 in that came out of a cucv. I'm wondering which turbo manifold I should go with? I can buy a banks manifold or a used 6.5 one but I'm not sure what I should go with. I plan on using a hx35 clone turbo that has a vband outlet. I'd love to hear opinions about both options and the pros and cons of each. I've heard the 6.5 manifold causes clearance issues on these older trucks but only with the GM turbo that has the funky cast downpipe.
    Be sure to read the following:

https://www.thedieselpageforums.com/...ad.php?t=28047