TheDieselPage.com Forums

The Diesel Page Forums

2018 - TDP's 22nd Anniversary
What's New | Feature Articles | Product Reviews | Member's Area | Free Forum Registration
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | The Diesel Page - Publications

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > The Diesel Page Forums > 6.2L Diesel
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

6.2L Diesel 1982-93 6.2L Diesel - Welcome to the Internet's first discussion forum for the 6.2L engine.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:06 AM

Default Resealed my injection pump, stalling issue.

I'll try to keep this short. Posted on 2 other boards, with no replies.

Does anyone know if the throttle shaft can be installed on the min-max gov linkage incorrectly? I know the top cover of the Db2 pump itself can be installed on the wrong side of the gov linkage (causing a run away) but this is not my problem.

Truck runs great at WOT, mid throttle, good timing, good power, no air in the system verified by a clear IP return line. Truck runs perfect.......

It just WONT idle after reasealing the IP. I had to bottom out the low idle screw to get it to 500 rpm ish. Idles kind of rough, but is smooth if I hold it open a little further.

So i'm thinking 1 of 2 issues. I either goofed installing the throttle shaft on the governor shaft (shaft has 2 steps) or tank sock is plugged. I know the Db2 pulls fuel well at higher RPM but not much at idle. I'm pushing through a 10 micron and 2 micron with a 12v lift pump.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:22 AM

Backed the governor nut out 1 full turn. Truck is back to normal, idled a little too high but a little backing out on the external low idle screw got it in the sweet spot. She runs like she did 3 years ago, and with all the new seals is leak free.

It was a great learning curve completely re sealing this pump, I would do it again in a heart beat. They are really simpler than the shops let on. Big thanks to DieselPro at DieselPlace and all the Stanadyne manuals.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Missy Good Wench ( Moderator)

Glad you got it fixed.

I have replaced the throttle shaft seals and the top cover seal, but never the entire package
THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY