Thread: Help! 6.2l hydroboost mounting plate

Unhappy Help! 6.2l hydroboost mounting plate

So I recently bought an 85 gmc with a 6.2l in it, I bought the truck know ing had some missing parts including the hydroboost. However after buying I came to the realization that the original mounting plate from the old hydroboost was no longer there! I've looked all over the place and can't find one, also can't find the exact pushrod that connects from brake pedal to hydroboost. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome aboard!

The GM HD trucks all used the hydroboost system, including the gassers, and most parts except the hydroboost unit itself, are interchangeable within the models and close years. Just about any GM truck/SUV with 8 lug axles used it from 1982-ish and up.

You'll have to find the plate and rod, somewhere. You may have some luck with Ebay or Craig's List. Check all the wrecking yards within reach. Try a Class-Ad thread here, too. Good luck! I haven't checked in a while, but the pushrod was an available aftermarket part. Any parts store that sells new/reman HB units should list one, or at least an aftermarket part number you can chase.

If you don't find one, it wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate. It is a necessary support for the firewall, so don't try to go without.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Default DmaxMaverick thank you!

I'll call around some more tomorrow and look into fabing one up!