Thread: 6.5 Turbo Diesels Kit for 6.2 Square Body

Default 6.5 Turbo Kit for 6.2 Square Body

Hi all,

I have a full turbo kit for putting a 6.5 turbo on a 6.2 80s chevy/gm truck. It includes:
    1. Oil drain into fuel pump morning plate. Oil supply line.
    2. Used gm turbo. There is some side play. I think it is a gm4 with a heath manual spring type boost controller. I personally would have upgraded at some point.
    3. Headers with 1/8 pipe hole for egt probe on driver's side.
    4. The intake manifold with no egr.
    5. Valve covers
    6. 6.5 TD injectors.
    7. Stainless cross over pipe that works with 4x4s and 700r4 trans.
    8. Down pipe that goes outside frame. I think it is aluminized steel.
    9. Custom condenser ac box built from the original and an S10 housing combined using fiber glass.

All for $600 obo plus shipping from Livermore CA. I think it will take at least two boxes, maybe three due to all the parts.

Photos can be found here:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/PbZd5L4tC8mNytqJ8

I also have 6.5 heads and rocker arms available seperately if interested. Anyway, my block is cracked and started leaking coolant so I am going 5.3 and 6l80e.

Please ask questions if interested.

Thanks,
    Kyle
    Last edited by 83Blzr62; 10-24-2019 at 16:38. Reason: Typos...
    '83 Blazer, DB2 built like 4911 by Accurate Diesel, 6.5 oil pump, 6.5 turbo injectors, 82 6.2 block, 6.5 heads, serpentine, gm-4 turbo with turbo master, timing gears, custom stud girdle, lower compression
    Pics: http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s205/kkarlson_photo/

Sorry Jim,
    I won't offer to drop them off while I'm on my way to Nebraska next week....
    "It's only a short drive over to Jim's..."
    d
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDavy View Post
    Sorry Jim,
    I won't offer to drop them off while I'm on my way to Nebraska next week....
    "It's only a short drive over to Jim's..."
    d
    It was 5 degrees this morning. You're missing out...

Yes, I heard it was 5 yesterday morning and 6 this morning at our ranch. I'm hoping it's going to warm up before we get there! Already had more that a foot of snow twice this fall. I'm getting to be a wuss in my old age!
    d
    Dave, N9LOV
    Member #242
    Dave's Diesels:
    Sold June, 07 '82 1/2 ton 4X4;340k miles
    '97 2 Dr Tahoe, Intercooled,
    Kennedy ECM, 4" Exhaust
    '02 GMC

Thanks for the bump More power.

I will work on getting better pictures of everything this weekend. Also, I am willing to ship. I looked into this before and it seemed that sending a few large boxes through Greyhound wasn't unreasonable. They ship terminal to terminal though.

Anyway, I just want the parts to be useful to someone who might need them. Shoot me an offer if you feel like it. If you give me a zip I can try to figure out shipping.
    '83 Blazer, DB2 built like 4911 by Accurate Diesel, 6.5 oil pump, 6.5 turbo injectors, 82 6.2 block, 6.5 heads, serpentine, gm-4 turbo with turbo master, timing gears, custom stud girdle, lower compression

Default Interested

I’m interested in this kit. Any chance you have the exhaust also? Kevin

I had no real exhaust except for the down pipe which I had dump out behind the passenger door. It was pretty loud, so I added an mbrp muffler which made it no quieter. I took that back off and sold it. Currently, the downpipe is really short because I had to cut it down to store during an unexpected move.

Long story short, you would have to build the exhaust or have someone build it for you. The hardest part is probably the downpipe though which I do have. However, you would need to cut your wheel well for the current downpipe since it goes outside the frame.

Default Interested

Email me- I would say PM me but I just joined and cant receive PM’s yet.

Kevin- [deleted]
    Last edited by DmaxMaverick; 12-07-2019 at 16:44. Reason: email address removed

Sent the email. It's still for sale.

Kit still available?

Yes. It is still available.

Still for sale. Let's say 300 OBO plus shipping. We can figure out how to ship it cheaply through grey hound.

I need space so this has to go. I think the injectors alone are worth half that.

Kyle

Any idea on how much for shipping? I'm just curious what it would cost me to send it to Pennsylvania. Thanks

I'm still interested if the kit is available? Any idea on shipping costs to p.a.? Thanks