TheDieselPage.com Forums  
2018 - TDP's 22nd Anniversary
What's New: | Feature Articles: | Product Reviews: | Member's Area: | Subscribe:
Duramax 6600 Diesel Page | Advertiser's Section | Classified Ads | Photo Album | Diesel Books, GM Licensed T-shirts

Go Back   TheDieselPage.com Forums > The Diesel Page Member Forums > 6.2L Diesel
Register FAQ Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

6.2L Diesel 1982-93 6.2L Diesel - Member access forum for any questions or information exchange related to the 6.2L engine.

Old 07-18-2017, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustDiesel View Post
Fortunately I picked up the tire warranty so if there's any issue I should be covered.
Tire warranties are OK, but with only ~500 miles, it shouldn't matter to you. The tire shop owes you the serviceable product you paid for. Unless they can show that you damaged them, they own the issue, and you shouldn't have to deal with any "warranty" process. Also note, tire warranties often have exclusions for 4x4 vehicle tires, stating they do not replace "pairs or sets" (and additional tire warranties are rarely carried by the tire manufacturer). This indicates they do, if fact, recognize the necessity for a matched set on a 4x4 vehicle, but will deny replacement of non-defect tires, regardless of that necessity. Several years ago, I had a new tire fail (B.F Goodrich, belt-shift). The tire shop happily replaced the failed tire, but refused to replace one other tire that was outside a maximum (2%, I think) roll-out difference. I appealed to the mfg, and they approved replacement of any tire in the set that wasn't within their recommended spec as a set installed on a 4x4 vehicle (I think ProComp has a similar recommendation, which becomes law, if it comes to that). I got 4 new tires. Major tire brand manufacturers stand behind their products. No manufacturing process is perfect, and I accept that. It was a lazy (crooked) tire shop that failed me.
dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com
Old 07-18-2017, 11:58 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
Tire warranties are OK, but with only ~500 miles, it shouldn't matter to you. The tire shop owes you the serviceable product you paid for. Unless they can show that you damaged them, they own the issue, and you shouldn't have to deal with any "warranty" process. Also note, tire warranties often have exclusions for 4x4 vehicle tires, stating they do not replace "pairs or sets" (and additional tire warranties are rarely carried by the tire manufacturer). This indicates they do, if fact, recognize the necessity for a matched set on a 4x4 vehicle, but will deny replacement of non-defect tires, regardless of that necessity. Several years ago, I had a new tire fail (B.F Goodrich, belt-shift). The tire shop happily replaced the failed tire, but refused to replace one other tire that was outside a maximum (2%, I think) roll-out difference. I appealed to the mfg, and they approved replacement of any tire in the set that wasn't within their recommended spec as a set installed on a 4x4 vehicle (I think ProComp has a similar recommendation, which becomes law, if it comes to that). I got 4 new tires. Major tire brand manufacturers stand behind their products. No manufacturing process is perfect, and I accept that. It was a lazy (crooked) tire shop that failed me.

Waiting for a callback from the shop (4 Wheel Parts) now. I may also have my driveshaft inspected while I'm at it.
1988 K10 Suburban. 6.5L NA Goodwrench Engine: 506 block cast on August 12, 1996. Heavy Duty built 700R4. Full-floating 14 bolt rear axle. 3/4ton 10 bolt front. Brand new 305/75R16 Procomp AT Sport tires on brand new 16x8 steel wheels.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:06 PM
Enthusiast

Appointment scheduled for 7/29 to have them inspected.
1988 K10 Suburban. 6.5L NA Goodwrench Engine: 506 block cast on August 12, 1996. Heavy Duty built 700R4. Full-floating 14 bolt rear axle. 3/4ton 10 bolt front. Brand new 305/75R16 Procomp AT Sport tires on brand new 16x8 steel wheels.