Thread: Performance 6.5 Injectors

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I agree with RJ and JK

Its a real bummer for the unknowing folks out there to get hoodwinked into buying this crap.

Any dyno that will test rear wheel power can surely be used to do comparisons.
    Even if the dyno is not completely accurate at least you can tell if you added anything with whatever you did in the way of mods.

I have used both engine and chassis dyno's and the chassis dyno sure tells the story as far as seat of the pants usable HP.

Back in my boat racing days we used an engine dyno a lot to do testing on different combinations of engine setups.

We also ran all of our engines on the dyno to break them in and check for any issues prior to installing in the boat.

Was a far better way than having to haul the boat to the river and fight all the fools while we made a few passes.

Well I am going to stick with locally rebuilt injectors and pumps.

I have never had any issues with the local rebuilder I use. I think if folks stay with dependable local rebuilders or the fine folks that advertise here they will do fine.

Ebay and other online outlets are full of stuff that looks and sounds great BUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!!! Buyer Be Ware

I can see where under very high output that the special marine injectors will definately be advantagous to get the fuel in within the optimal burn window.

I also dont see any reason for selecting these for a pickup application no matter what the use. (Performance marine)

Just my 2 cents worth

Robyn
    Last edited by Robyn; 03-12-2007 at 14:51. Reason: addition
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY