I've been holding off an initial review, hoping to offer something fairly balanced. Waiting for negatives, I'm finding, is gonna take a while. So far, there simply aren't any. I haven't had much of a chance to drive it, actually. My wife won't let it sit still long enough for me to get in it, much.

Teresa, my wife, loves the car. So far, she's only had 2 complaints.

The first, we were driving back from a shopping trip, and she asked, "why isn't there an airbag indicator for that side (driver seat)?" I almost had to pull over. I explained, if the airbag is ever needed, there's a very high likelihood someone is in the seat. Her reply (after a brief laugh), "I didn't get too far out of the box on that one, did I?" She's blond that way, on occasion, naturally. (reported with permission)

The second, she says, "The next time that (B-word) tells me to wait for the beep or dials a wrong number again, I'm gonna shoot 'er!" Apparently, she and the "MyLink" voice lady don't get along too well.

The car has 2,838 miles on it, today. So far, it's been great, for what it is (a car). It doesn't ride like a compact, it's very roomy, quiet (nearly silent, actually), comfortable, powerful, and gets better than the advertised fuel mileage. The build quality is much higher than I expected. It also has the highest safety rating for a car in its class (5 stars, according to the gub'mint).

The mileage. Popular question about the car. What can I say? Not much, really. ....I still don't believe it. Rarely do any vehicles ever really meet their EPA economy ratings, let alone surpass it by more than a significant amount. This one does. Teresa's average for a week of commute to work has been 46 MPG, the EPA's highway estimate. The "commute" is about 20 miles each way, winding mountain roads, a little local highway, with some city mixed in, and a 1,300' altitude differential. On the 3 highway trips we've taken it, the highway-only average has been 52 to 58 MPG, varying 55 to 75 MPH. The lower mileage trip was over the Grapevine (I-5 in SoCal), at 52 MPG. It's just crazy-ridiculous, and the DIC mileage is just as accurate as my pen.

So far, I am very pleased and impressed with this car. A lot more than I could have imagined. GM may have jumped the shark with this one. Time will tell.

Here's a screenshot of the RemoteLink app on my phone. This is about a week's worth of Teresa's commute, with some city/shopping driving mixed in: