Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 6.5 Owner - Engine Misfiring

Default Chevy 2500 6.5

Hello sorry probably you guys answered this probable cause but i just recently bought a chevy 2500 96, and i have this wierd problem with and misfire sound like its only in one cylinder driver side but it doesnt misfire all the times it will sometime do it when it idle and the constantly misfire constantly when i reach last gear 2000 rpm but when i pass 2000/2150 rpm itll be all good, any suggestions
    Thanks... Tim
    Plus at this moment my wastegate isnt functioning cause of the vaccum pump could that cause the problem or not ?

Hello

Welcome to TDP

The misfire is likely a failed injector.

Any SES LAMP Showing ???

If so get the codes

With the engine running (And missing) crack open each injector line (one at a time) and see which one does not cause a change... Sort of like pulling a spark plug wire on a gas engine to isolate a misfire...

Once you locate the cylinder not fireing... Remove the injector and switch it to the cylinder next to it (just swap the two) Restart the engine and see if the issue follows the injector.

If the issue follows the injector then the one injector is bad for sure.

If the issue does not follow the injector then there are other issues such as the injector pump ??????

The vacuum pump will not cause the issue, but you need to get it fixed to have the engine operate properly (Turbo boost and power)

Good luck...Keep us in the loop
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Default Zombie apocalypse

Wow! This thread is more than 11 years old...
    The Constitution needs to be re-read, not re-written!

If you can't handle Dr. Seuss, how will you handle real life?

Current oil burners: MB GLK250 BlueTEC, John Deere X758
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6, '90 MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510