Thread: Heat Shield Under Intake

Default Heat Shield Under Intake

In one of the diesel page articles a heat shield material was installed on the bottom side bottom side of the intake. The material looked like exhaust wrap. I was wondering if anyone has ever done that and would it help keep the intake air cool.

Also I'm installing an optimizer and wanted to improve the intake air flow. I have been thinking about installing a fender vent but I am concerned about rain .... anyone ever do that ....

Also I have found that instead of installing the metal heat shields on the passenger side I'm going to use spark plug heat shield tubes .... its so hard to install the glow plugs when the metal ones are there. When I bought the truck the previous owner had removed ALL the factory heat shields so I'm finding and reinstalling them.