Thread: Help please, can't prime filter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default problem found...

Just to finish up this thread in case anyone finds anything similar, I had some water in the fuel that found a low spot in the fitting at the bottom of the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. I created a perfect inverted trap and once there was enough water to form a plug, it did when it was cold enough. There was about an inch more of an icicle sticking strainght out that I snapped off by accident before I could grab the camera. Fuel filter had a very small amount of water, like a drop or two. This trap was the perfect spot for it to form. Fitch removed and it's ran fine all winter.
    I also used Howes Diesel Lubricator which I can definitively say works quite well. It's claim to fame is to bring the water out of suspension in fuel into tiny drops that can settle out and be removed at the fuel water separator. I created a better trap for them here so they never made it to the drain at the bottom of the filter. I believe Power Service attacks water differently and keep it dissolved/absorbed in fuel and it goes through the pumps and injectors and gets burned and you never come across any water anywhere when you use it. I'll leave it to others to offer opinions if that trace amount of water further wears injectors/fuel pumps. I like Howe's, I thought it may have increased MPG slightly, but was going mostly for anti-gel. And it definitely removed water from fuel, unfortunately I collected that water in a lousy spot.
    Thanks for the help back then
    Attached Images Attached Images