Quote Originally Posted by MidTNJasonF View Post
Thanks for the Info Jim. Especially the info on the injection pump. I have been trying to find good info and read up but it seems that most of what I was finding was focused on the civilian chevy/gmc applications.

I would like to keep the 4L80 and be highway capable when needed. I will try to round up a TCM. I talked with the guy about their motors and he told me they are not allowed to remove the modules and can only pull what is attached to the engine when they tear them down. They take a torch to the frame rails just forward of the engine mounts and just rearward of the trans cross member. They also torch the drive shaft in a few inches back from the u joint. I will probably have to replace or rebuild the harness if/when I find a TCM solution.

I could always do a full manual valve body setup but that would probably be a last resort. It would certainly be workable for as little as I will drive this truck but full automatic function would be preferred.
Back in 2006 when I visited the Mishawaka, IN AM General HMMWV plant, I was told about the proprietary mil-spec TCM they used. Memory fades, but I remember that it was not a GM sourced module. I suspect the programming was designed for the HMMWV and its rather unique roll (maybe EMP resistant) - not a highway cruiser.