I'm a new 6.5 owner ('95 Silverado) and a new member of TDP (first post). I purchased the p/u knowing that it had engine issues. The price was low enough and the body/chassis is in good shape, so the engine issues were an acceptable risk. I have searched the archives of this forum without finding a definitive answer to several questions.

First, the engine is misfiring on at least one cylinder. I will attempt to identify the specific cylinder, but I believe that it is valve related (collapsed lifter?). Besides a collapsed lifter, broken rocker arm retainer or malfunctioning injector, what other sources of engine misfiring are applicable to the 6.5 Turbo Diesel?

Second, the engine (long block, not the accessories) is painted yellow. I suspect the engine has been remanufactured or has been provided by an volume overhaul enterprise. Does the yellow paint indicate a specific company or organization that did the remanufacturing/overhauling? If the company can be identified by the paint, does anyone have a comment about the quality of their work?

I have found TDP and this forum to very informative and I appreciate the value of my TDP membership. Likewise, I will be very appreciative for any answers that might be provided for my questions.