Thread: duramax

Question duramax

hi i have 2001 duramax that won't stay running in the rain.sombody else had the problem but i did not see the answer.hope someone saw the answer.

If your running a chip, there were some issues with a few of the early edge products while running in the rain.

Default duramax

Quote Originally Posted by cowboywildbill View Post
    If your running a chip, there were some issues with a few of the early edge products while running in the rain.
    yes i have the edge programmer but this problem started before i hooked it up.

Stalling in the rain (generally wipers on) is a common Edge Juice ailment.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Arrow duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    Stalling in the rain (generally wipers on) is a common Edge Juice ailment.
    This started before added the juice.2001 GMC Edge Juice aditude banks coldair 4" duals.

If that is the case, I'd unplug and clean connections at ECM and two engine harness junctions - first with electronic spray cleaner, then treat with a light film of dielectric grease, before reconnecting.
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Thumbs up duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rinker View Post
    If that is the case, I'd unplug and clean connections at ECM and two engine harness junctions - first with electronic spray cleaner, then treat with a light film of dielectric grease, before reconnecting.
    Yes i was thinking the same thing,i will try that thanks.

I wrapped my connectors on top of engine with clear cling wrap and then covered them with aluminum foil and it didn't act up in the rain anymore. Looks bad, but worked good. I suppose if you take up the space with the dielectric grease that will keep the moisture out.
    02 2500HD LT D/A SB CC 4X4 BLACK, Westin stainless nerf bars, BW GN Hitch,Racor 60S post oem fuel filter, Oil Guard bypass engine oil Filter. All synthetic fluids. Kennedy boost valve, edge, Modified air intake,EGT & Boost digital gauge,TransferFlow combo fuel & tool box, Air Lift Suspesion Bags Rear & compressor with remote, Bilsteins front & rear, Frontier front replacement bumper.