http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/image.php
    07 GMC CC SB LBZ
    70 monte carlo, original 4 spd, bench seat
    71 monte carlo SS clone, street/strip
    97 grand am, beater

Saw $4.25 last night here as well...
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Diesel came down a little bit this weekend. At the Union 76 station in Anaheim Hills, CA where I have been buying fuel the price peaked at $4.19. It dropped $0.20 over the weekend to $3.99.
    '02 Chev 2500HD EC/SB 4x4 D/A

Angry cheap diesel

here in new zealand diesel $5.80 gal and still to go up we are told makes your fuel seem cheap

Default Fuel for Potato

Seems that Virginia is following California. $3.99 locally as of Sunday. Can someone refresh my memory as to the rationale behind paying this much? Heard this AM on the morning commute that truckers are staging a "slow down" to increase mpg and not idling as long. 1/4 of their expenses was reported as fuel and this was presented as "fact". What's the real story from our working truckers? All this media attention makes me question the reporting more and more. I don't believe the main stream media anymore...

Haus.
    1984 C1500 6.2L N/A "J", 60G's, Standyne FM100 Fuel Filter with manual priming pump, Dr. Lee Battery Terminal's, TH700R4, rear axle 3.08, MT28 Starter (12/07), custom 3" single exhaust w/ flow through muffler (04/08).
    "Here Daddy, wear this..."CLICK' and the rest is history.

If it sounds like a bag of ball peen hammers, I want it!

In northeast Ohio I've seen it ranging from $4.09 - $4.29.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984potato View Post
    Seems that Virginia is following California. $3.99 locally as of Sunday. Can someone refresh my memory as to the rationale behind paying this much? Heard this AM on the morning commute that truckers are staging a "slow down" to increase mpg and not idling as long. 1/4 of their expenses was reported as fuel and this was presented as "fact". What's the real story from our working truckers? All this media attention makes me question the reporting more and more. I don't believe the main stream media anymore...

Haus.
    Maybe some OTR's will respond, but I talked to a trucker last year about fuel costs, and was told they use some sort of discount fuel card when filling up, which provides for a reduction in fuel cost. I didn't dig further in our short conversation, but it would appear there is some sort of relief program in effect for the OTR industry. And, I couldn't help thinking that this is altering the reality of and discussion about fuel costs.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    Maybe some OTR's will respond, but I talked to a trucker last year about fuel costs, and was told they use some sort of discount fuel card when filling up, which provides for a reduction in fuel cost. I didn't dig further in our short conversation, but it would appear there is some sort of relief program in effect for the OTR industry. And, I couldn't help thinking that this is altering the reality of and discussion about fuel costs.

Jim
    Yes my dad is and was a OTR driver and he was telling me that with the fuel surcharge most trucking company's are only paying $.92 per gallon.
    93 GMC Sierra 2500
    6.5L TD 5 spd Manual trans Sold

97 Chevy Silverado CrewCab K3500 Dually
    6.5L TD Auto

the cost is still at least a dollar more than it was last year at this time. so places like fedex are changing how they do things like modifying vehicles to be more aerodynamic, routing to eliminate left turns, never idling in the yard, etc.

whats crazy is the price of biodiesel is up to 4.60/gl. because the price of methanol has gone up over 300% since sept 07. since the two countries that make the methanol aren't getting along too well(chile and argentina). i'm waiting for them to start making bio with ethanol or butanol(different process but better product) or if they were making methanol from a biomass instead of a petroleum product that would be more stable.

this rant brought to you by a coffee-less brain. my apologies.
    83 k20 3/4ton 4x4 NA6.2 TH400
    82 datsun 720 kingcab NA2.2 diesel
    85 volvo 760gle 2.4turbo diesel
    85 peuguot 505s wagon 2.3turbo diesel

today i found a Shell station that had quite cheap diesel, so i filled her up, i got 109L (28gal.) for $237.. that was the cheapest i found..
    So i would love to have your prices here, and still have the same pay that i get from my work.. then i would be driving around all day long..

Quote Originally Posted by Duraswede View Post
    today i found a Shell station that had quite cheap diesel, so i filled her up, i got 109L (28gal.) for $237.. that was the cheapest i found..
    So i would love to have your prices here, and still have the same pay that i get from my work.. then i would be driving around all day long..
    Wow, I guess we should feel a lot better now! Our prices on diesel here in Southern California seem to have stablized for the time being. Here in Hemet, diesel is sitting at $5 and hasn't moved much at all for the past month, while gasoline has continued to climb. At one time, gas was $4 and diesel was $5. Now, gas is around $4.55 average for regular and diesel is still $5. Somehow it makes it less painful. The uncertainty caused by the continually escalating prices has a terrible effect on the morale of the consumers. The question begs to be asked "when is this ever going to stop going up?"

I'm pretty sure that the global warming crowd is happy with the high prices because it has finally curbed demand. I'm still uncertain as to the truth or lack thereof on that question as far as human impact is concerned, but I think this inflation in fuel costs has answered the question that no one was willing to ask; that is, what will the impact on the global economy be of a big crackdown on CO2 emissions? High priced oil has answered it for us. It is a big and painful impact merely to halt rising demand for carbon based fuel. What will happen if we try to roll it backwards?
    Owner, Phil's Auto Clinic, Hemet, CA, 1997 Napa/ASE tech of the year

2001 D/A Crew cab long bed, Edge Juice w/Attitude Monitor, Banks Exhaust, S&B intake, BD exhaust manifold, 152k miles, 2nd set of injectors 06/25/07

2000 Powerstroke Ford Club cab short bed, Edge Juice w/Attitude Monitor, 5" exhaust, S&B intake

Quote Originally Posted by Duraswede View Post
    Now an report from Norway (who is an major oil producing country)
    1 litre diesel sells for 13.93 nkr that is 2,76 $ / litre, 10,43 $ /gallon.

Filled my Blazer last week and it costed me 248,4$ for 90 litres (23,81 gallons)

Default 35% drop in diesel fuel prices!

Amazing. In only a period of weeks, #2 diesel fuel prices have tumbled ~35% to under $3/gallon here in Minnesota.

I am looking forward to demand picking back up, and burning alot of this cheaper fuel this winter. (Right now, our volume of business has dropped off dramatically, the last two weeks at 1/3 of normal.)

When prices go up, we all look for answers why...so, when prices drop dramatically, there is less pain, but it makes sense to understand why.

Is it all about reduced demand, creating a surplus of supply?
    2011 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3L daily driver
    • Previous owner of two 1994 6.5L K3500s, '01, '02, and '05 6.6L K2500s, '04 C4500, '06 K3500 dually, '06 K3500 SRW, '09 K3500HD SRW, '05 Denali
    • Total GM diesel miles to date : ~950K

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rinker View Post
    Amazing. In only a period of weeks, #2 diesel fuel prices have tumbled ~35% to under $3/gallon here in Minnesota.

Is it all about reduced demand, creating a surplus of supply?
    Depends on how much you believe in price manipulation.... Some of it is undoubtedly due to lower demand. Personally, I think a lion's share of the high prices were artificial (speculation and world producers pushing it).

There's also the worldwide geopolitical aspect. When oil prices are high, industrialized nations hurt and OPEC/Russia et. al. make big bucks (wealth transfer). If governments have the power to influence oil prices, they could do it in ways that help/hurt others. For example, the collapse of the Soviet Union in the 1980's was as much or more about the rock bottom oil price than a lack of competitiveness in military technology. I've heard it said that anything below $60/bbl currently hurts Iran and Russia very badly.

I'm surprised I haven't heard any pundit say that the high oil prices (and resulting gas/diesel pump prices) are what ultimately burst the housing bubble when it did. Personally, I think it's cause & effect - at least for the burst to happen at that particular time. It likely would have happened at some point, but the high energy costs forced it to happen a lot sooner.

This is why we need a U.S. energy market that is independent of world market forces. We have the resources to continue at present comsumption levels for the next 100-200 years - using only U.S. domestic oil/coal/gas/shale resources. This would produce reliable supplies and prices.

Jim

Default Price in MN, 3-20-09

Filled up today at $2.09 a gal. on 3-20-09 in St. Paul. (20 gal into 28 gal tank, 6.5TD in a '92 3500.) Heard a couple days ago it was spotted at $1.99 but couldn't find it that low anywhere myself. The first time I filled up it cost me $4.59 a gal. early last summer. I'm not gripin'.

Up here in Michigan I filled up for $1.91. It felt real good to see diesel cheaper than gas for once. Just like the good ol' days.
    1991 Chevrolet Silverado 3500, 6.2L. 125,000 miles -Sold

2007 Chevrolet Silverado LBZ - R.I.P

2001 Chevrolet Silverado LB7-- Sold

2011 GMC Sierra, LML- 39,000 miles. All stock

Smile

$1.97 in Peoria IL yesterday gas was $2.10
    2003 CHEVY 4500 DURAMAX/ALLISON 14'
    SERVICE CRANE BODY 16,500 LBS 14.5 MPG
    1998 K3500 SRW CREW CAB TRANSPLANTED 6.5TD ELECTROINC INTO, HEATH COMPUTER, 40+HP INJECTORS, 4" EXHAUST, VACUUM ELEMTINATOR ON TURBO,UPGRADED COOLING WITH ALL GM PARTS,NO VACUUM PUMP, SST OIL COOLER LINES MADE LOCALY FRACTION OF THE COST, 3" TOURBO/BOOST GAUSGE ALL IN ONE, ADDED GEAR DRIVE GREAT HELP WITH STARTING TIME DOESN'T JUMP AROUND ANY MORE, INTERCOOLER 3" INLET AND OUTLET COOLER 12x24x4, ALSO ADDED MANDEL BENT CROSS OVER, HAD TRUCK REPAINTED AND OPUT ON ALUM FLAT BED

Diesel fuel in Cheyenne, Wyoming is $1.80 per gallon. Regular unleaded gas is $1.60. That's the price at the Mini Mart type stations. I'm not sure what it is at the truck stops.
    2009 GMC Sierra, 2500HD, Crew Cab, 4WD, D-MAX
    2009 Chevy Malibu LT, V6
    2005 Jayco 323RKS, 3600W Onan Generator

Filled up at $2.13 - lowest I could find around here. But premium gasoline is $2.25 and plus is $2.09.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

last week i filled up at $3.25 a gallon here in Tumwater, WA
    -SC9 94' K2500HD 6.5T "F" 4x4, ext.cab Long bed, SRW, 5spd, Bone stock 200k orig miles.