Thread: IP Issues

Default IP Issues

Hey All, This is my first post to this forum and am enjoying it so far, but the reason why I am here is issues of course. I have a 94 6.5 TD 154k and recently my injection pump cracked I am told from the heat from the PMD. I had the stanadyne DS4 5288 in it and replaced it with a DS4 5521 with PMD cooler and was told it was compatible and was a upgrade. Since this new pump is in I have zero power tons of black smoke and when I am on it the SEL turns on but when I let off the light goes away no codes, and the main concern is I am getting 4mpg. I got it back from the shop this morning after being timed and a sensor replacement and two fuel leaks same exact issues. Am I looking at a turbo replacement or did someone sell me the wrong IP. Please advise
    Josh

Nevermind I did some more indepth searching and found I had no vacume on solenoid to turbo traced line to drivers side valve cover found disconected line and wallah all is good now
    Thanks for the help

AH,just by asking got you thinking to search out the problem. Did'nt even give us time to tell you to look into the turbo boost
    I would'nt live with out a Boost, EGT gauge.
    95C3500.Ext.Cab 97 Cooling mods. DSG Gear-1.95 TDCO. Bilstein Shocks. Firestone Air Bags. FSD Cooler. Banks EX System. Egt,Boost & IAT Gauges. JK High Flow/pop Injectors. Turbo-Master. Max-E 2.0. Water/Alky Injection. Amsoil Dual Bypass. Baldwin filter. aFe Air filter, Air box & Turbo Mods. Power Service Product. Large Duels 235/85-16. Tool Box\'s & truck, 8200 lbs.