Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pmd Issues Must Read

Default Pmd Issues Must Read

I know about all the band aid fixes with relocation. I have done it. The issue here is Stanadyne and GM and AM General all knew for years about this yet still sold vehicles with this dangerous condition. The warranty GM has just replaces it just to fail again. I am initiating a huge campaign to force Stanadyne, GM and AM General to do the right thing and develop and pay for the right fix. There is now an active NHTSA complaint and investigation.

I have almost had several serious issues withy my H1 on steep, windy two lane roads with cliffs when this thing stalled out the 4.5 Ton H1 and another incident going down my own hill that has no manuevering room and almost had to choose from hitting a parked car(s) or slamming into my neighbor full of kids.

Please visit www.pmdfailures.com I have signed a non disclosure with Stanadyne for issues PRE November 2009 and since then, I have had issues with NEW Injection Pumps and their "Bulletproof" PMD. ENOUGH.....

FYI, some of these BAD PMD's are in school busses. Help FORCE Stanadyne, GM and Am General to pay for this fraud. Everyone that bought a 6.5 from a dealer and was never told about the KNOWN issue was decieved, PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Every car sold without informing the potential customer of this dangerous condition, was an act of fraud.

If you would like to stand up and help save a life and help make the billion dollar companies shell out money instead of anyone that has to pay to relocate and still eventually will fail, please contact me or visit www.pmdfailures.com

I also have several high power attorneys that will ensure that the NHTSA does there thing. The NHTSA contact is Bruce York (bruce.york@dot.gov ) email complaints and make sure to include your VIN. He has already just now demanded a list from GM of EVERY VEHICLE THAT HAS the 6.5 platform incuding obviously the turbo. I have had dozens of people already contact me finding my website that I have not even submitted to search engines.

Just think a bit and imagine if someone you know, maybe someone not as good a driver of you was driving and it stalled out and killed someone or themselves, or a kid or a mother and her baby in a crosswalk and you cant stop...........That is the big picture here. 1994-2004 vehicles will be on the road a while, help make them safe. I honestly don't care if the recall bankrupts GM or any other company!

Thank you and God Bless.

To keep a very professional atmosphere about this, I will not condemn what is being posted here.

Sadly its far too late to stir up the old skeletons. The vehicles that use/used this technology are leaving the scene every day.

2000 was the last production year for rigs using the DS4 injection pump.

As far as safety goes, I have personally owned "MANY" GM vehicles with the DS4 Injection system and never once had what I would call a real safety concern.

Yess it is anoying when the thing quits but, its never been an issue.

The steering gets a tad harder and the brakes require you to actually push on the pedal with a little gusto but, DANGER, not much here I am afraid.

I have been a certified mechanic for years and have seen far worse stuff being sold to the motoring public that just faded into the dust as it should have.
    The new PMD from Stanadyne may or may not be any good, I really don't care much.

The aftermarket PMD from DTECH has been a real good fix and seems to end the issues, when remote miounted as it should be.

As far as this "Pay for their FRAUD" program that you are discussing here, I think I can speak for all the troops that frequent TDP, we are not interested in signing any petitions or getting involved with some damned fool law suit.

Had we the people of this fine country, put our foot on the back of the EPA's neck a long time ago and kept them under reasonable control we would not be facing these issues of poorly designed electronics.

The EPA is directly to blame for the ill conceived designs that come from many automobile companies.
    The company can barely get the bugs ironed out of a design before it must be scrapped in favor of more draconian regulations.

This my friend is one of the big reasons that our country is in the shape its in right now.

A federal egency that is totally out of control and has little knowledge of what it proposes, and the economic effects that will follow.

Some environmental practices are a good thing, too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing, real quick.

GM and standyne had a perfect match with the DB2 mechanical injection system on the 6.2/6.5 engines, there was no reason to have ever changed this other than to satisfy rediculous regulations.

The best thing that could happen would be to roll back all the emissions regs to 1990 levels and freeze them there for at least 10 years.

During this freeze the manufactures would have the time to perfect the technology to the point that it is stable and dependable.

A slow "phase in" of new designs is the only reasonable way to run things.

If you have not already guessed, I am not a fan of EPA and even less of a fan of what you are proposing.

Suits and such are generally counter productive and make money only for the BOTTOM FEEDERS.

The little people lose all the way around.

Our country is in a HELLUVA shape right now, and the biggest reasons are
    too many government agencies sticking there nose into the mix.
    The next major reason is too many people with the idea of law suits on their feeble little minds.

I am not always happy with some of the choices that the car makers have made but, this is AMERICA, my home and I still love GM rigs.

Just for your information

I am a 58 year old woman.
    I have a degree in structural engineering.
    I am a certifed mechanic with over 30 years in the business
    I am a Journeyman welder (many processes)
    I am a joureyman machinist with over 30 years in the machine trades
    I am a firearms manufacture with many years in the business
    I am commercial trucker with 2million miles ++ under my belt
    I currently run Class 8 heavy hauls
    I am a certified air brake technician too just because I can be.

Oh just because, I hate all the electronic ABS systems too, on light duty as well as the heavy duty stuff.

Now if you want to howl about something, the ABS systems have placed more little people in far more danger than the PMD on GM diesels ever thought of.

Its nice to be able to stop when you push on the brake, instead of hearing a buzzzzzzzzzzzz and a whirrrrrrrrrrr and then nothing happens.

Don't even get me going on them stinking AIR BAGS Damned death traps.

Been there done that.

Need I say more, I am not some feeble little wench that is easily swayed about much of anything.

No thanks, I'll pass, on screwing GM any more than they have already been screwed

I dare say, that I dont think we are interested here.

OH BTW, I carry a portable soapbox and if you come up with a good and just cause, run it by me and if its good I will come and stump for ya.

Have a nice say

Missy Robyn
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Default I'd vote for ya!

Attagirl, Robyn! Common sense is a vanishing commodity, these days, and anybody who has it gets my support. You run for office, I'll carry your signs.

Hey - Mr Laurence J. Kaplan (sfrescue, nvrescue, sfsteamcleaning, whatever else you want to call yourself) - listen to the lady.

She has forgotten more about these trucks than you'll ever know, and that includes your fancy tax-dodging hummers. This is the third website you've been on with this crusade, and you still haven't owned up to the fact that your issues are caused by incompetent mechanics. There are solid, reliable fixes for this - a reasonable and prudent individual would, once informed of these fixes, take steps to have them installed.

You have not availed yourself of that option, proving yourself neither reasonable nor prudent.

These forums are where we share information on how to make our rigs better. Not on how to sue others for not doing our thinking for us. Your failure to understand that makes your presence here superfluous.

Have a nice day, sir. Have it somewhere else.
    Real Trucks Don\'t Have Spark Plugs

In all honesty, I dont believe for one second that GM, Standyne or AMG designed and built the electronic injection system with any mal intent.

The design followed a logical sequence to fit the existing engine design with an electronic injection system that would allow them (GM) to meet the emission standards that we were all being burdened with.

Things got a tad hinky during the designing and implementation of the then new technology.

There were "political issues" between GM and Stanadyne about this design and its implementation but I do not believe that anyone had any intent to hurt anyone.

Now if you want to find a place that really drips with intent, go look at the FACTS about the ABS brake systems.

Our children are being spoon fed the so called facts about how safe this stuff is and how it will protect you from losing control of the vehicle.

This ideology has done nothing to promote responsible driving at all.
    The young people today have little to no idea of how to drive.

The computer will take care of it all. Traction control, ABS brakes, automatic parallel parking now too.

Best thing for these up and coming Americans to do is forget this sue crap and take charge of their lives. Learn how to drive for real.

I did not manage to get over 2 million accident free miles in a big rig by relying on a computer or 2 0r 3 to save my bacon. Nor did I do it by whining and suing companies.

I knew all well when I set foot in the very first car I bought as a teenager, that I alone was responsible for keeping it shiny side up and rubber side down and under control.

I dont need a bevy of high paid attorneys to do my bidding for me.

Owning a rig is far more than whining about something that does not work.
    If it quits, ya get ot the tool box, the coveralls and crawl under the damned thing and fix it.

Been doing it that way for many years.
    Not much scare me when it comes to rigs. Now people with ideas of suing, make me very nervous and extremely angry.

Now if you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that GM, Stanadyne and AMG all had mal intent and were just out to get everyone with their faulty PMD then have at it.

You will get laughed out of existance. In fact I think, ah yessss I am hearing some snikkering right now.

If you want to do some real good, sue the federal highway safety comission and the EPA and a few other agencies that have and are continuing to rape the citizens of this country. The lies that come from these outfits makes the little things that GM and others have done look very insignificant indeed.

Missy
    Last edited by Robyn; 07-11-2010 at 09:41.
    (1) 1997 Astro
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Default PMD Response

I appreciate your guys candor, seems like people want to attack me for trying to make a good thing happen. The fact of the matter is again, we have relocate kits. I am not saying that there is not a band aid. I have had thousands literally of emails to me regarding the PMD and not to stop the campaign of fixing something. WE ARE IN AGREEMENT ABOUT THE Mechanical Pump, and we are very close to changing our 6 H1 Rescue Trucks to that despte EPA Emissions. Even able to registrer in a NON SMOG county but we have to somewhat adhere to law considering we have no exemption for Smog like the Military. By the way, I have about 8 running HMMWV's and NON over last 10 years have had ANY ISSUES with Injection Pump except one that leaked slightly.

I have had several emails of photos of crashes as a result of PMD failure and directed towards Bobyn, you drive heavy trucks, imagine yourself going down hill with no manuevering room in your big rig and someone pulls out in front of you 50 feet in front of you and you are going 30 MPH on a 10% Grade. I promise you would not be able to stop, NOW TAKE AWAY YOUR POWER BRAKES! Yes Robyn, I recognize your millions of miles on your driving, I to have never had an accident and drive hundreds of thousands of miles a year and have the odometers to prove it. That situation happened to me on a very steep hill and fortunately ebraking and praying kept me from pointing my truck at a parked car to stop me versus hitting Debbie's car with 3 young kids in it (Toyota Prius). What do you think 4.5 tons would do to that?

Directed towards Robyn. I appreciate you directing your comments by not insulting. As far as ABS, I to agree with you on that, the fuse and idiot light have been removed in 4 of 6 H1's we have just for that reason and hitting your brakes even on semi slippery conditions in an H1 is not fun when the ABS kicks on, you tend to not stop.

AS far as emissions are concerned, I was always under the impressions that diesels polluted less than average cars but had carcinigens in the exhaust so if that is true, then I agree about the injection pump.

As for the GM /Stanadyne politics, we have a very high ranking gm ex employee (Now with another company) that has giving us the nitty gritty. lemme tell you since 1992 (When idea came out and 1994 was implimented) through 2004 there were also 5-6 service bulletins out as well and NHTSA only recieved one when they were mandated to recieve ALL. on the second would have raised a red flag. These PMD's are also in smaller school busses to.

I apologize for those that think I am tryng to sue for money, thank you very much I have plenty, I have been in EMS for 25+ years and if there is a valid safety concern that was compromised for money and I can help fix that, there is no giving up on that. Watch Time Warner, I mean CNN who for last 4 weeks has been trying for an interview. Watch for a recall, since I have BULLIED the NHTSA by fear if an accident occurs and someone dies, they are duly informed and can be held liable even on their individual capacity if they ignore this. Supposedly ther guy I am dealing with is non biased and does not play into politics.

My main attorney is a 4th stage cancer survivor and from Brooklyn and is a pit pul that never lost a jury trial. He is also a rare breed and stands on principal. I am stirring up the hornets nest and in doing so expect negatives, but for every negative, I have had 20 positives message in private and to me that is very well worth it.

I cannot express that this is NOT about money but what is RIGHT versus WRONG. I am sure the haters on here would not be so hateful if their mom, father, husband, wife, son, daughter friend or anyone they know was hit in an intersection as a pedestrian by a stalled out truck drivin by an elederly man caused by a PMD failure and he just was NOT A GOOD A DRIVER OF YOU OR I!

for those that think that there are not a lot of these time bombs on the road, think again, we are talking millions, NOT thousands! Even new vehicles were sold as late as 2007 if not later just a few years ago despit the 2004 manufacturer tag.

anyway, for people that want to hate, god bless you, for those that actually care, god bless you too.

I can see by your posts that you are indeed serious about what your doing.

Now without predjudice here, this very subject has been breached in the courts before and the courts have ruled that the extended warranty was adequate pay back if you will.

Now to get your Hummers up and flying with about as good level of reliability as is possible the DTECH PMD mounted on a good cooler out of the engine bay will solve the problem.

Been running these since they came out with ZERO failures.

The basic DS4 pumps (late ones) are a sound pump and if fed clean fuel will last a long long time.

If you want to take your fight off on some crusade, go ahead, those of us that have been around a long time understand how this stuff works and the courts are not the answer here.

I fully understand the concern of smacking a little car with that Hummer beast. That would get ugly real quick.

Now the brakes on the Hummer may not work quite like the ones on the GM pickups, but I have never had an issue stopping a rig when the PMD has failed.

If the Hydroboost is working right, you can mash the brakes even after the engine dies and they are good for at least a couple applications before the hydraulic boost pressure is gone and your using shoe leather and your muscles to GITERDONE.

My advice, fix the Hummers with the good afternarket parts that are available and leave the attorneys to suck mud off the bottom of the pond as they do best.

Now, I dont believe for one second that GM compromised safety deliberately so and definately not to save money.

They had plenty of time to have fixed the issue right off the line. There was a 5 alarm pissing match going on between GM and stanadyne I am told over this whole thing.

It was a this is mine this is yours thing as far as technology rights went.

Its sad that this mess came to pass but the courts are not going to be able to fix it.

They have already heard the story and as mentioned, deemed the extended warranty as a proper solution.

Most all of us have long moved on to fixing our 6.5's so the are reliable, using aftermarket tech and got over screaming about it.

The time for the howling was back in 94-95.

I am supprised that any EMS outfits are still using any rigs old enough to have 6.5's with PMD's

Most departments are on the second third or fouth generation D Max's by this late date.

The only vehicle I ever had any issues with as far as safely stopping was the early Power Stroke Fords. The Crank sensors would fail and the engine would quit. The brakes were gone instantly, not so with the GM rigs.

Missy
    Last edited by Robyn; 07-11-2010 at 19:57.
    (1) 1997 Astro
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post

My advice, fix the Hummers with the good afternarket parts that are available and leave the attorneys to suck mud off the bottom of the pond as they do best.
    I agree with Robyn and Jim Faire. There's far too many people suing others and even the big giant "evil" corporations out there. We just need to learn to suck it up, fix our own problems, and move on.

If your H1's are that dangerous to yourselves and others, and you are unable to fix them, dump them and get a better vehicle. Problem solved.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Quote Originally Posted by arveetek View Post
    I agree with Robyn and Jim Faire. There's far too many people suing others and even the big giant "evil" corporations out there. We just need to learn to suck it up, fix our own problems, and move on.

If your H1's are that dangerous to yourselves and others, and you are unable to fix them, dump them and get a better vehicle. Problem solved.

Casey
    Good advice. No ambulance chasing allowed onTDP!
    93 2500 - best truck I ever owned
    Sold

98 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 4X4 EC SB Dark Blue
    3"turbo down to 4" back.
    Remote PMD
    Was S then F code now SSD ECM (used - it was cheap - not my first choice)

Default Follow up

I wish people will understand it is not about suing, I have plenty of money on my own, thank you very much. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF THESE VEHICLES ON THE ROAD AND WILL BE FOR SOME TIME. DOES IT TAKE SOMEONE YOU KNOW TO DIE TO UNDERSTAND? On a positive I am receiving hundreds of emails of support and a lot of people are mentioning that they almost had accidents as well. That alone is worth any of the hate on the forums. If you do not have anything nice to say don't say it. This is a safety issue. Our Hummers first of all are used for saving lives. They never had the GM warranty. It never should have had an issue in the first place. I will stand firm and not bash people like I have been getting slammed and banned simply for standing up to big brother and the billion dollar companies that profited off of defective products that pose HUGE SAFETY ISSUES NOT DISCLOSED. I am standing up for the people that are not good drivers in a time of failure in a dangerous spot. I am standing up for families that may have a son or daughter on a school bus that has a PMD failure causing stress on the driver that all of a sudden has a heat attack and crashes killing kids. ANYONE THAT SAYS THAT IS NOT WORTHY TO FIGHT FOR HONESTLY ANYTHING THEY SAY GOES OUT THE DOOR!

I will put up 10,000 websites if it means preventing injury or death from a safety issue. I have interviews in the future with CNN and others and I know that the NHTSA cannot back down with the pressure I am placing on them because GOD as my witness, if someone dies because of a PMD in the future (God knows how many accidents in past and I know 100's of lawsuits have been settled before they went public) I will be the first to advise the victims family that Uncle Sam knew about this!

Sticking to my promise not to bash, GOD BLESS EVERYONE and for those that have emailed positive emails to me, Thank you kindly and as I mentioned in the replies, I will keep you posted.

Time for some time with the kids, Good Night!

Rescue

We are not bashing you for your concerns, what we are quite upset about is the fact that this site and many others, made up of folks that have and do own the vehicles in question, and not ONE, NOT EVEN ONE person has ever posted a story about crashing their vehicle due to a PMD failure.

This has never been an issue.

At highway speed, if the PMD fails the engine will continue to spin, keeping all systems up and flying. The engine will not drop out until the road speed drops to around 30 or so and during this time, the driver will no doubt understand that the thing is not running right.

The vehicle can be safely manuevered to a safe place and slowed to a stop.

At slow speeds the brakes are good for a few applications before the stored energy in the hydroboost system is exhausted, during which time the rig can be stopped.

I have owned 5 GM vehicles with PMD's and have had failures at one time or another on all of them.

Never once did I have a close call, let alone crash.

As I mentioned before, I have come so near to crashing on account of the ABS systems on many occasions.

Now the ABS is supposed to save lives and is promoted as such a great thing.
    Geeez even the government supports it. This crap is spoon fed to the children every day while they take driver training.

Now after you have decended a 10% grade on snow and ice with your family in the rig and the brakes are about as useless as dragging a stick tell me that the PMD is a safety issue.

Take your high powered lawyers and staqrt suing the feds for mandating ABS and feeding all the motoring public the lies that surround it.

I not only have read the real test reports, I have driven through the situations and lived to tell the real story, Why, because I learned how to drive back when cars were Iron beasts that you had to think to drive.

When the ABS will not allow a stop, you throw the !@#$% in reverse, hang on tight and floor the skinny pedal, then hope the tranny hangs together long enough to make the thing stop.

Your chasing the wind here, playing around with peoples emosions.

There is not even one reason to play damned head games like this with people.

I will say this, having a PMD fail is a royal pain in the A$$ and it usually required getting a tow truck to drag the rig home (until we started remote mounting the things and I usually had a second one mounted so I could swap the electrical plug in a few seconds and poof go again)

The only people you are going to get to support your damned fool crusade will be those who know absolutely nothing about what makes these things work, and are in need of some serious therapy for panic disorder.

Back in 94-95 when these things were dropping like flies, the time was ripe to get on the band wagon and howl for a fix, little late now.

We have a great aftermarket PMD now, its made by DTECH and has a failure rate so low its not worth commenting on.

Forget the GRAY POS from Stanadyne, they are years too late to the 5 alarm fire.

Our local SAR rigs that had the 6.5's were retro fitted with the DB2 system right off.

Why do you think the Mil HMMWV's were never equipped with the DS4.

Nothing personal here, friend, but your beating on a dead horse.

We are not into the hand wringing, crape hanging and other head games.

Have a great day.

OHH BTW, there are several great suppliers out there that can retro your Hummer with a DB2 Ip so you can sleep nights.

Nuff on the subject. Case closed

Missy sits sipping her coffee

Robyn/Missy Good Wench
    (1) 1997 Astro
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Default Starting to get a little shrill there, Laurence.

So now it begins, huh? You came here, tried to get a bunch of people on your bandwagon, and nobody bought your BS so now you start yelling.

You start getting all noble on us, 'standing up for others' children... for their families, for their safety... standing up against big brother and the dark forces that would try to silence you in your valiant quest to get the truth out...

I am standing up for families that may have a son or daughter on a school bus that has a PMD failure causing stress on the driver that all of a sudden has a heat attack and crashes killing kids.
    oooh, the drama...

Next thing you know, your imaginary friend Kayla will be showing up here to valley-girl her way into showing her support for your noble cause.

Jeez...

Like I said, go play somewhere else.

This isn't about being a 'hater', this is about stopping people from falling for your scam.

And as for 'having enough money of your own, what about those ads all over the place, begging people to buy your SAR Hummers for bargain-basement prices, because you are over-extended on one of those houses you bought with other people's money?

Let's talk about them for a while...

Hey there rescue dude.

Been to a few of your web sites. Sites look great. Just need to drop the Hummer SAR stuff and stick with cleaning the sidewalk with the steam cleaning business.

Far less if not any chance of a PMD failure on the steamer. Likely makes money too. Dont see any real future in the Hummer market, at least not now.

As I figured, a big splash of color to dazzle the unsuspecting village fools that will buy into the stories.

Well I am all through here. Your story adds up to an absolute sero Zilch nada as I figured.

I did give the idea a little thought, but nope no cigar on this one buddy.

Probably best to take the high profile sales pitch and try elsewhere.

We like our failure prone GM rigs. If mine crashes tomorrow and I die trying to control the runanway beast, its probably the only way I am going to get to heavens door.

Missy
    (1) 1997 Astro
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

Turbine Doc Guest

SFR,

Please for the good of the 6.5 community cease, we tire of seeing this at each & every site we live at found via your search of the letters PMD.

As was posted earlier this thread and told to you at Place, TTS, Maxx Torque, there is a solution, use it, you are now educated that the solutions you tried were the wrong ones.

You have been given the correct ones, IMO now that you know the solution and yet you choose to run this through the court to seek whatever you can on a vehicle no longer in production, vs applying the correct solution to your H1's YOU are the one that is putting folks in harms way, we have fixed ours.

On the other site you said you have hundreds of co-litigants lining up at the trough apparently salivating at some sort of compensation for this issue, by time lawyers run this through the legal mill and costs of trial and and challenge and retrial how much do you expect to be left to those who might be receiving some sort of claim; pennies on the dollar yet you and your lawyers will "make their nut" .

How about this; for the amount of vehicles still out there that may still be at risk, since it causes you so much concern, and you said on Maxx Torque you had plenty of money as evidenced by you having 3 H1s, (money is not the object here per your response @ MT site).

How about you take that pool of names since we are only talking hundreds at this point and you buy them all a Heath or other quality remote kit (SSD's does not meet that description nor does A-1 C's), and I'll bet you will still be money ahead vs what the legal fees in this suit to nowhere will take you.

This suit will do 1 thing drive up cost of the FSDs, vehicles, and other repair parts that may come from Stanadyne/GM & those costs will get passed to the consumer.

Many of us in the 6.5 community own them because we can't afford $40+K vehicles, vintage 6.5s are all we can afford, or possibly are you working an angle like Ralph Nader aiming at those of us who did not turn in our Jurassic Park era non DPF equipped rides.

And subsequently have them deemed to be "unsafe @ any speed" by NTSB so we have to scrap ours, because GM and Stanadyne have done all they are going to do on a out of production vehicle.

Let this one alone, this is exactly how a SF based greenie would work; not saying that you are one, but you throw out words like high powered atty, and you are SF based so that is 2 red flags for me I have spent too much time in SF aka Libtardia CA, to not recognize the pattern of how they operate.

SF & it's residents are notorious for "helping the world" at the sacrifice of others, how about this stop spamming the Diesel sites, you post advertisements in the Diesel magazines of what you are trying to accomplish, vs slipping in for free at Diesel enthusiast web sites.

Then if we want to join your cause we will, otherwise we really have better things to discuss like overheating and adding power and making gobs of black smoke while trying to make 300 Rwhp we would much rather talk about than a going nowhere suit.

Default To Jim

You obviously do not know how to read. BUT QUICK TO INSULT. ALL SIX OF HUMMERS HAVE RELOCATION KITS, I EVEN HAVE PICTURES, YOU ARE MISSING THE BIG PICTURE! THIS ISSUE IS FOR PEOPLE THAT DO NOT KNOW THE FIX AND FOR THOSE NOT SO GOOD DRIVERS THAT CAN CRASH DURING A FAILURE! MAYBE LIKE I SAID, IT WILL TAKE SOMEONE TO DIE FOR YOU TO COME TO YOUR SENSES.

KIDS ARE ON SCHOOL BUSSES WITH THESE, WOULD YOU LAUGH AND CRITISIZE THE DRIVER IF HE PANICS FROM A FAILURE ON A WINDY ROAD< HAS A HEART ATTACK AND FLIPS OVER KILLING KIDS.

MAN, I HAVE SEEN VERY BAD ACCIDENTS WITH PEOPLE DYING. NOTHING YOU CAN SAY OR INSULT CHANGES MY DRIVE TO PURSUE A SAFETY ISSUE, IN FACT IT FEEDS ME MORE.

I HAVE LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF POSITIVE EMAILS FROM PEOPLE THANKS TO THE FORUMS! THE FEW AND I MEAN FEW PEOPLE THAT CONTINUE TO INSULT OR THREATEN MEAN NOTHING.

WORKING THE PROJECTS AND HAVING PEOPLE POINT GUNS AT YOU OR THROW TOILETS OUT OF 10 STORY WINDOWS AT YOUR SQUAD CAR, MAKES ME RAISE AN EYEBROW. PEOPLE TRYING TO PLAY TOUGH GUY IN A FORUM......PAAAAAAALEASE.

I WILL NOT INSULT PERSONALLY WITH NAMES OR THREATS LIKE I HAVE BEEN TREATED POSTING VALID CONCERNS. I HAVE TAKEN HEAT WITH A FRIEND POSTING IN SUPPORT JUST BECAUSE THEY USED MY COMPUTER AND WERE PROVEN TO BE A REAL PERSON, SO BE IT.......

YOU GUYS MUST BE REAL PROUD, HARASSING A FATHER, A HUSBAND, BUSINESS OWNER, A LIFE SAVER, A PEACE OFFICER AND A DIESEL OWNER TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! KUDOS FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!

GUESS WHAT, I SEE YOU OR ANYONE THAT HAS EVER HARASSED INSULTED OR THREATENED, I WOULD STILL PULL YOU OUT OF A BURNING CAR!!!!!!!!!

BACK TO THE ISSUE, IT AINT ABOUT MONEY.......ITS ABOUT FIXING A LONG OVERDUE PROBLEM THE RIGHT WAY!!!!!!! I AM GLAD FOR THE FEW PEOPLE THAT HAVE RELOCATION KITS, INCLUDING ME, THAT IT EXTENDS THE PMD, MAYBE GM SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT IN 1994........AND IN 2010 STILL GM HAS NO RIGHT FIX!!!!! PS, I OBTAINED THE SERVICE BULLETINS TODAY, ON WEBSITE, PLEASE READ!

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!

Default To Larry

Getting a little excited here, big boy... don't lose sight of the ball, now.

From the pics I saw (where you were trying to sell the Hummers bought with donated funds to catch up to your house payment) showed the PMD mounted on a heat sink...

BUT - Your Hummers have an SSDiesel Heat sink mounted under the hood - a worse place to mount the PMD could not be found. Thermodynamic studies have shown this area to be worse than having them mounted to the IP - and you are oh, so wrong about the hot fuel causing the problem... Jeez, take a few courses, will ya?

If the PMD cannot shed heat, it will experience problems. Hot devices shed heat by losing it down a thermodynamic gradient, the slope of which is determined by inherent delta. Mounting a heat-producing device in a region with low delta means the device will continue to produce heat faster than it can shed it, meaning failure is guaranteed.

You moron, you created your own monster. The danger isn't the PMD, it's the guy who installed it in an unfavorable location. You.

Get a Heath kit, install it where he tells you to (just follow the directions, there is pictures and everything just for guys like you) and things will be fine.

Now - as for the 'hundreds of PMs and letters thanking you. I call Bee Ess. You're making them up, just like you made up your imaginary friend, Kayla. The girl who, by the way, sent her message from YOUR computer, at the same time you were on, which is why she was banned. So far, you have trolled 4 different message boards with this little scheme; nobody is buying it. The NHTSA isn't buying it, either; don't be surprised to see somebody start a fraud investigation on you real soon now.

As for the threats, get serious. None of us could be bothered to come over and ruin your day... you are doing a fine job of that without us.

Have a nice day, OK? Have it somewhere else.

Default To Turbine Doc

I do have one question for you Turbine. I have relocation kits on the H1's like I have had to say for ever.....NO FAILURES ON THEM SO FAR.....However, if you read or know about an H1, there are no real spots for PMD kit. FOR MY OWN INFORMATION:

1) what are your thoughts about relocating inside on the center pillar on a bracket?

2) What temperature if you know, does it take to fry a PMD

3) What other locating other than under the hood catch above the lift pump would you say to mount the PMD?

4) My Master Mechanic would like to mount somehwre in fan shroud if possible but I think that is risky.

5) NO FRONT BUMBER LIKE OTHER CARS and H1 is exposed to harsh elements and I do not think a PMD should be exposed to snow and muddy water.

6) FYI I am in Reno and I agree about SF, believe me we get flipped off all the time driving a hummer in SF and thanks to the politics for now, I had arranged 10 H1 Command units for SFPD but got shot down by Chief and supervisors,,,,AND IT WAS ALL FOR FREE

FYI: I work just as hard as you do, the SAR is for free, I do all work for Pressure washing for 22 years and the VIP executive protection and diplomatic security is decent. No more SFPSP since it did not pay good and I have 6 and soon 7 kids.

Sorry trying to fix the PMD through GM offends you, it should actually or hopefull give Heath, SS DIesel, DTECH or Accurate Diesel potential huge amounts of money if it is determined to relocate the PMD is the best fix for now. AND STANADYNE WOULD HAVE TO PAY!

turbine, there are millions of people NOT ON THE FORUMS that drive these and man they were still sold in 2007 (Leftover 2004 models) and people buy used trucks everyday NOT KNOWING.

I know people on here are good drivers or claim to be, or claim to be great mechanics, I am not going to brag but I have NEVER had an accident my fault and the one time I was hit was by a drunk while I was at a red light getting rear ended with kids in H1 (Hardlyt felt it) and other car was totalled. I have had two very close calls and I mean one time I almost had to drive into a parked car to avoid hitting my neighbors family. 4.5 tons going down a hill (1.5 lanes) and 30-50 feet to stop at 30MPH and limited braking, NOT COOL! I have driven millions of miles too and several H1's I have over 300K on them and I make 2-3 trips interstae weekly for last 14 years.......

I agree that EPA and others should never have made a hard to pass emission engine 6.5 into EFI. I agree that for now the PMD Relocation is the best solution for a failing issue. BUT MY DRIVE AGAIN IS NOT FOR MONEY IT IS FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW!

I have a full shop at my Reno SAR location with a special lift and name it. I used to wrench but have Military and civilian mechanics that assist with the HMMWV's and H1's and all agree about PMD. Also, I thought it was funny that one aftermarket PMD maker says meets military spec's!!! MILITARY DOES NOT USE PMD, SO WHAT SPECS ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT? That is actually very funny and my guy at AM General had a great laugh with me!

Anyway no hard feelings, have a nice night!

Default Why the donation comments

TOO FUNNY, I HAVE PAID FOR ALL THE HUMMERS OUT OF MY OWN FUNDS THANK YOU!

Kayla Hayes did use my computer, so what,

Heath says mount in the bumber. FYI, the longer the cable, hell I could run in the back of the vehicle, BUT YOU LOSE MILISECONDS NEEDED FOR PUMP, so if you want to call me a moron, DO YOUR HOMEWORK, longer the cable, LESS MILISECONDS NEEDED FOR PUMP OPERATION, ANY DIESEL MECHANIC KNOWS THAT, NO RESPONSES FROM ME ANY MORE FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

PS: Threats are recorded along with phone number SO HAVE A NICE DAY. Would you like me to forward you some emails....>NHTSA has them too!

FYI, NHTSA is demanding information from GM and NHTSA is receiving letter from attorney putting them in check to NOT IGNORE THIS, so if someone gets in an accident over the years as a result of no action, NHTSA and Others get in BIG trouble....

What fraud are you talking about,,,,o yeah just talk! That made me laugh!!

Default Funny guy.

If somebody really is calling and threatening you, I hope they get theirs.

But really, You are the one who is coming around here yelling all the time... and sending the admins threatening messages ... and calling the site vendors and threatening their businesses.

And yes, we do have those calls and emails recorded. From you.

You really don't know much about this, do you? Just how long do you think the cable would have to be before the milliseconds would add up to an issue? Hmm? Or are you just guessing?

I have news for you... electricity, well, it's pretty fast. Faster than a VW Jetta, even. At even nominal conductance speeds, we're talking about, oh, maybe 100k fps.

Of course, maybe you're right. But you aren't sure anymore, are you?

Now, go away, please. Come back when you have done your research.

Default To JIm

No Jim actually I did, believe me I want the PMD as far from engine as possible. What are your thoughts inside vehicle above Dash (On H1 doable even with emergency equipment) since inside of cab never goes over 90 or so, far less than engine.

Adam, senior Diesel tech (15 year tech on diesels) stongly told me about milisecond issue and that PMD can be affected. Feel free to look it up and correct me if I am wrong. I do like all the facts since so many people have their opinions. FYI: I have sent out PMD's to independant testing facilities to first advise what failed and second, their guess why (I know heat) but need that officially from a independant facility.

as far as my contacts, the very few vendors I only advised them of the harassment I was getting for posting facts and my opinion and if you read my posts, I have never attacked anyone personally. What I did receive in emails and calls were threats......

My only threat in an email, was when REAL INFORMATION OF CONTACT FOR KAYLA WAS POSTED and that just was not right.

Also, if you really are friends with moderators, posting my address aint cool in the way they did, I have 6 children and if some internet psycho comes here as a result, that is a whole other ball game. I have three lawyers already looking into invasion of privacy issues as we speak, so maybe you can PM Moderators and have them remove contact info....It is too bad that a moderator did some of the posts.

Stick to the issue at hand, negative or positive comments about PMD. So many people have said different things that I posted, like to relocate the PMD, NO KIDDING!!!!

Anyway, I have to make a out of state drive here in a few, nice chatting in a positive way,,,,,,,

Also, Jim, I really do have threats recorded on voice mails and yes they are documented.

On a side issue, I am in Nevada, right to carry concealed as well as ex military and own a mile long private road with lots of thermal and security cameras and other proprietary stuff. I take threats of violence VERY seriously and I have received some from lovely people on here and its one thing to disagree its another to start a threat campaign.

Like I have said, so many times I have been threatened in person doing the job, all I will say is stand in line but for those that think about it think again, threatening accross state lines with violence is a huge crime.

FYI on Friday at 7:43 pm from 317-555-1212 for 38 second recorded Voice Mail was the first of 3 threats, this was the minor one the other two were more serious and cannot disclose those numbers.... For the other two, I would not be surprise if PD comes to their door. ALL THREE CALLS ARE SAVED AND WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT! The 317 is borderline threats and is currently under investigation.

SO yes, fromPMD posting to getting harassed which I can take to threats, is when I start escalating......Combined with posting personal contact stuff.....

Kayla Hayes is a real person and can't believe the drama. People don't get networks, I could have 14 computers on one IP or maybe 256 as linksys says. My kids use my computers and so on, real contact information was provided and as I think most know I am not "Staksauce" and very real.

All I ask is common decency, there are ways to post, challenge, support or disagree without the slander, insults, degrading remarks or threats. I only got upset when they posted stuff about Kayla and banned her not me until I stood up for her. I provided real contact informationas so did she and instead of validating it, they posted it, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR BY A MODERATOR. WHO MODERATES THEM?

Cheers, good night and if you can provide your feedback about relocating inside and also look into milisecond issue and even what temperature damages PMD I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by JohnC; 07-14-2010 at 18:12.

Let's keep this civil. Personal attacks, of any kind, for any reason, are not tolerated, at any time. State facts and refute only those in question. Opinions can not be debated.

This thread will be closed tomorrow (7-13), at a time of my choosing. This discussion is obviously a passion for some, on either side, and involves an on-topic common subject here.. Therefore, not out of place. State your case. Answer questions. Accept constructive criticism. Keep that simple. There's nothing wrong with a passionate argument, but civility must be maintained.

The Diesel Page will not take a side in this discussion. However, we may offer fact or research study results as appropriate. The claim is not without merit, and worthy of attention, so it will remain available for viewing as long as replies are civil. I won't hesitate to remove any offensive content (at my/mod's discretion), or the entire thread if the OP's intent is found to be other than honorable.

SFRESCUE:
    (advice--take it or leave it) If you intend to use "what might happen", etc., as a basis for your argument, please provide some history. Although your cause may be just, arguing on a base of speculation won't win you any favor here, not to mention any court in the country (I have a little experience with legal procedure). If you have some credible reference to a "school bus full of kids in a crash", please bring it. It could only help your argument, and I would like to know about it.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com