Thread: Ford F150

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ford F150

I see Ford is going to offer a diesel in their F 150s now.

Just haven't seen any details yet.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

I saw this article over at Four Wheeler: http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1801...stroke-diesel/

Some basic information:
    • Ford claims the new 3.0L turbodiesel V-6 will produce a best-in-class 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque. The Power Stroke will come mated exclusively to Ford’s 10-speed automatic transmission.
    • The F-150 diesel offers a maximum payload of 2,020 pounds and a properly equipped towing capacity of 11,400 pounds.
    • For retail customers, Ford will limit the Power Stroke engine option to Lariat, King Ranch, and Platinum trim levels; furthermore, it will only be available on the SuperCab with the 6.5-foot bed or the SuperCrew with either the 5.5- or the 6.5-foot bed.
    • While official EPA numbers are still to be determined, Ford estimates their little oil burner will hit up to 30 mpg on the highway.

I’m not in the market, but I’m disappointed that it will only be offered in premium trim levels and the SuperCab & SuperCrew with shorter beds.

I do like that all three are finally addressing the mileage over brute force issues - although they’re clearly already starting the horsepower wars all over again… Personally, the tow rating is likely much more than the typical half-ton buyer really needs.
    '94 GMC 6.5TD K1500 4L80E 2-Door Yukon SLE 221K
    '93 Chevrolet 6.5TD K2500HD NV4500 Std. Cab Longbed 187K
    '85 Toyota 22R RN60 4x4 Std. Cab Shortbed 178K (Currently retired for rebuild)
    Diesel Page Member #2423

Sounds interesting. Now if they would only drop the price of diesel fuel to where it was a few months ago, it would be even better.