Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding BTU to Diesel fuel

Yep, home heating oil at least around here in eastern Canada has more sulphur now than LSD. Years ago home heating oil and Diesel came out of the same container. It does not so anymore. You also can smell that home heating oil has more sulphur content now as it stings in my nose and if you kinda feel the lubricity between two fingers its more like water as the lubrication has been removed (for all those bad folks that run home heating oil in their diesels ) I heard about mixing engine oil or ATF into the Diesel for lube. Engine oil isn't made to burn. It will coke. Tried that mix in my furnace. Never tried ATF as it is too much money for a liter. Only for the piece of mind adding lube to the ULSD (specially the winter blend) I got around and dump 1% of canola oil (salad oil) into the tank. I still use a diesel fuel conditioner on top of it, that nothing will freeze.

I've been running a qt of 2-stroke oil per 42 gal tank for the last 3 tank fulls.
    I sure haven't seen ANY improvement in MPG. Of course, it has finally gotten cold here in CT, for the past week.

It seems to feel a bit peppier at times, but..........

Considering the large dilution factor already mentioned in this thread, how many BTU's are we really adding ?

Anyone know the BTU's in a quart of 2-cycle oil, vs BTU's per qt or gallon of #2 ?
    '97 'Burb K1500 6.5td 213k miles 3.42's Amsoil air filter & 15W40. All synthetic lubes. KD 3.5" exhaust. Clean cat. 16.5 - 17 MPG combined, 18+ hwy at 70. Love her, but never know what's next. Chevy should be paying us.

ummm...I have a "friend" that ran about a 50/50 mix of heating oil diesel for a couple of tanks. He noticed TREMENDOUS increase in MPGs as well as just plain ole power. That stuff is ADDICTING!! The fuel oil had been in a tank that was pulled out of a home. Only got a couple of tanks, WOW what a difference... uh I heard about...
    Scott
    St. Louis, MO

'06 Silverado K2500 4x4 Crew Cab D/A "Big Max" AmpResearch retractable Running Boards, 4" Turbo back Kennedy Exhaust, Kennedy Custom Tune!
    '99 BMW K1200LT "Special K" my other "SUV"
    '07 Salem by Forest River Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler