Thread: Clueless

Default Clueless

I have a 2005 2500Hd. Truck sat for almost two months. When I started it at first it started to misfire and knock but then after a minute or two it cleared up. Let the truck run for a little while and it idled fine. Shut the truck off and came back 15 min later and now it runs but has completely lost one or more cylinders but never threw any codes at all. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
    2005 2500Hd Silverado
    110k miles

Welcome aboard!

Check for rodent presence (damaged insulation, turds under the hood, etc.), other environmental damage or corrosion. 2004/2005 also had issues with the injector harness chafing. Check for DTCs (trouble codes).
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

I had the wiring issue about a week after I bought it and already repaired that.

Is the SES lamp on? Does it stay on once running? Do you have a code reader / scanner? I would start with that. At the least, you should have codes for the misfire, and which cylinder(s) affected.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

#2 and/or #7 injector socket likely needs an ice pick treatment or replacement.

Sitting with free micrordroplets of water (untreated fuel) can wreak havoc on the fuel system. The LLY fuel system is about the most reliable of any so long as it is treated properly.

I do second the wiring thing. Not just the injector connectors, but over by the FICM, and also near the ECM can rub on the inner fender liner.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!