Thread: toasted 03

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Toasted 2003 LB7 in C4500

was getting the dreaded smoke at Idle for about 1 maybe 2 week was during the real cold weather, figured was injectors already had 2 set one at 67,000 second set at 132,000 now at 165,00 was driving to dealership Friday to set up appointment 4 miles before got there she let out a large cloud of back smoke and started shaking, pulled over pulled it my tech 2 (I'm a fleet tech) gave me code for #7 injector failure, so limped in to dealer ship parked it found oil dripping out the breather. left truck they called Monday no compression #7 pulled injector used bore scope chunk missing out of the piston trashed wall,

oil and fuel filter changed ever 7500 miles

so now new engine or new truck this is a C4500 with service truck body on it

I asked the dealer can we test the injector to see if it had a bad tip spray on one spot and did it lead to this failure there not sure of course.

has anyone else seen any do this or heard of this type failure thanks
    Last edited by Mark Rinker; 03-05-2009 at 09:44. Reason: combining related threads, improving searchability on thread
    2003 CHEVY 4500 DURAMAX/ALLISON 14'
    SERVICE CRANE BODY 16,500 LBS 14.5 MPG
    1998 K3500 SRW CREW CAB TRANSPLANTED 6.5TD ELECTROINC INTO, HEATH COMPUTER, 40+HP INJECTORS, 4" EXHAUST, VACUUM ELEMTINATOR ON TURBO,UPGRADED COOLING WITH ALL GM PARTS,NO VACUUM PUMP, SST OIL COOLER LINES MADE LOCALY FRACTION OF THE COST, 3" TOURBO/BOOST GAUSGE ALL IN ONE, ADDED GEAR DRIVE GREAT HELP WITH STARTING TIME DOESN'T JUMP AROUND ANY MORE, INTERCOOLER 3" INLET AND OUTLET COOLER 12x24x4, ALSO ADDED MANDEL BENT CROSS OVER, HAD TRUCK REPAINTED AND OPUT ON ALUM FLAT BED