Thread: LB7 injectors

Smile LB7 injectors

How bad is it to put injectors in a lb7 I put a new pump on it 4 months ago it was so bad it wasnt hardly giving it enough fuel to run so now with 300,000 miles on it she needs injectors. it smokes really bad and has a miss at a idle so its injector time I work on cat cummins and detroits but havent been into a duramax just wondering how bad it was to do and any special tools that I may need do you have to replace the inj, cups ect. ect.

More and more Dmaer's are diggining in and doing their own. There is a detailed article here:

http://www.thedieselpage.com/members...placementc.htm

We stock teh injectors, seals, and high pressure lines. I highly recommend replacing all 8 HP lines. The line nut is captured and cannot be slid to clean the line. A lot of debris, road salt, etc settles down between teh line nut and line. When you remove them you will see a pile of crappy rusty junk deposit itself in the inlet blow of the injector. This can and will recur when you install the lines to your new injectors.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

they're not hard to do or overly technically "involved" but they are time consuming when you're new to the procedure. Book time is 10hrs, No special tools are a must, but do help sometimes. Take you time, follow the procedure here, make certain to torque at least the injectors and return lines to the correct spec. Buy a torque wrench if you have to but DO NOT do the procedure unless you can make sure those get torqued correctly.