Thread: Pulled her out of retirement

Default Pulled her out of retirement

Hey folks, it's been several years since I've been on this forum and/or posted anything. I lost access to my old account and just started a new one. After sitting dormant for nearly 3 years, I got my '06 Dmax back out and fixed her back up to start driving again. My other daily driver (1996 Chevy crewcab 4x4 6.5 diesel) finally gave up on me and instead of dumping anymore money into it, I just sold it as is and started putting my resources into my 2006 Chevy. It previously had a 12' cargo box on it and I was a highway mail contractor for the postal service, which is where this truck racked up its miles. It had to work every day of the week, 365 days a year. It's dependability was unmatched by any of the other contractors trucks, which seemed to mostly be Dodge Cummins 5 speed manual trannies. But when I no longer needed it to work anymore, it just hit parked and kinda forgot about. Now after sitting nearly 3 years, I pulled the box off, bought a new flatbed for it, and now it's my daily driver. I love driving this truck! I just thought I'd share a pic of the odometer. The hour meter has rolled over and right now shows 24.5 hours. Thanks for reading my long winded post!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Chevy 3500 cab n chassis, 11.5' J&I flatbed
    LBZ, 6 speed, yadda yadda yadda...
    600,000+ on the clock
    Engine hours have rolled over and started over

Welcome back.
    Hope my 06 goes that long. It only has 549600 miles less than yours!
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold