Thread: Front end vibration

Angry

Good day all,

I've got a vibration, and wondering if this is normal or if I should be taking it into the dealer. All comments appreciated!

Since I got my truck, I've noticed a small front end vibration when the speeds get higher (approx 100 km/hr), but not unreasonable. I didn't take it in because the vibration wasn't always there, so I thought may be it was due to the higher-pressure tires and stiffer suspension then what I was used to (ie - may be this meant I would feel bumps in the road more, etc)

Well, I've had the truck since November '01, and have 12000 km on it now. Vibration is still there. You can feel it in the steering wheel, and in the seat of your pants, as well as see the rear-view mirror vibrate just a little. Not a fast vibration, but periodic. Going over small bumps and potholes does not seem to affect the vibration at all. I only notice it if I am travelling faster than 80 km/hr and am unloaded. See my signature for a description of the truck. Doesn't really cause any problems, but is annoying, and I am worried that if this is not normal and goes unchecked, may be this will lead to bigger problems.

Thanks in advance for all comments. May be I am just too picky, eh?

- Kevin -
    2002 2500HD Regular Cab 4x4 LB LS Duramax/ZF-6,towing and plow package<br />Michelin LTX M/S 265/75/16Es<br />GM Folding Tonneau Cover <br />Let\'s hope this diesel can handle the Canadian winters!

Mine had it when I first got it, only at higher speeds. Found out I was in need of a wheel weight.
    2001 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 D/A LS Ext. Cab LB

Thumbs up

Thanks hickcox. I had been wondering if that might be the problem, but was hesitating to balance all of the tires if it didn't need done. Might go and try doing that within the next couple of days to see if it works.

- Kevin -