Thread: Issue with the go fuse

Default Issue with the go fuse

I just lost my glow plugs yesterday so I did the standard replacement of the controller..... still don’t work..... I checked the fusible links and they’re fine…… Then I checked the fuses in the engine compartment and found out that the glow plug fuse has no power going to it whatsoever. Did some checking and someone had said if the light is out in the Dash then it wouldn’t work so I checked the light in the Dash it’s fine. Any help With this fuse not lighting up in the control box in the engine compartment would be a huge help considering the truck is now stranded at work and I’m trying to get this done. Just in case this is a 1996 GMC suburban with the 6.5 diesel
    1986 K5 Blazer (Restoration in progress): stage II racing "K" transmission with +4 quart pan, Banks turbo, new GP’s, 3rd rebuilt IP, Rebuilt injectors, Stud Grille, Aluminum Radiator, Halogen light upgrade, fog lights, and added factory Cruise and rear power window

1996 GMC Suburban K2500 6.5l diesel (Restoration in progress). Running on a DB2 IP, new GP’s, rebuilt injectors, rebuilt transmission with +4 quart pan, dibble din GPS radio, USB and 12v charging in the door pullers, Chasing down the wire gremlins at the moment.......

I think I’m a glutton for punishment

Also I am trying to “jump the controller with no success....... because I get no click when the key is turned on......
    1986 K5 Blazer (Restoration in progress): stage II racing "K" transmission with +4 quart pan, Banks turbo, new GP’s, 3rd rebuilt IP, Rebuilt injectors, Stud Grille, Aluminum Radiator, Halogen light upgrade, fog lights, and added factory Cruise and rear power window

1996 GMC Suburban K2500 6.5l diesel (Restoration in progress). Running on a DB2 IP, new GP’s, rebuilt injectors, rebuilt transmission with +4 quart pan, dibble din GPS radio, USB and 12v charging in the door pullers, Chasing down the wire gremlins at the moment.......

There actually is no "glow plug controller" on the electronic 6.5L's - the glow cycle is controlled by the ECM (Engine Control Module - located inside behind the glove box). There is a glow plug relay on the back of the engine, and it has three wires: one is 12V + whenever the ignition key is turned on, one is 12V - ground all the time, and the other (yellow) wire is 12V + from the ECM only when it commands the relay to turn on and off.

Did you check the fuse under the hood with the ignition on?

In an emergency, just short across the two large lugs on the relay for around 8 seconds and then start the engine.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Did the by pass on both. I noticed that the fuel pump was not working also and a friend at work had a computer tester and it kept failing to connect. I believe the ECM has failed…… Talk to a Diesel mechanic familiar with the old 6.5 and that was the first things out of his mouth also…… So I’m having it towed to him to fix Just in case there’s other issues too that I am not aware about

What the mechanic is telling me is that the oil pressure switch malfunctioned and it causes a fuse to blow that controls the ECM. I would have never thought to look At the oil pressure switch or even know where the fuse for the ECM is

Any update on this?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

I had to start a new post