Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Excessive smoke 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    Lots to read and lots to digest. I just skimmed.

Arveetek just posted about glow plugs.

On the smoke deal those DB2 pumps did tend to get tired/worn and sticky in the advance bore. The tendency was more toward a blue/white smoke coming off idle. Getting the lift pump working is an important first step.

Wastegates on these models tend to stick closed if anything. The fact that it moves at all is a sign that all is well. Boost gauge mandatory for diagnosis.
    Ok thank you. I just order a new LP harness to see if that gets things moving. I’ll looked in to a boost gauge as well

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon6.2 View Post
    Not an isolated experience
    My Dad baked awesome bread,but would not share the recipe
    Now i am trying to recreate it,since he said he would take it to the grave.
    That’s funny : )

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    Lots to read and lots to digest. I just skimmed.

Arveetek just posted about glow plugs.
    I didn't realize how bad my 6.5L was blowing white smoke upon start up until putting in new glow plugs. It had slowly gotten worse over time without me really noticing, but now there's very little white smoke at startup with the new plugs.

Casey
    1995 K1500 Tahoe 2 door, 6.5LTD, 4L80E, NP241, 3.42's, 285/75R16 BFG K02's; 1997 506 block; Kennedy OPS harness, gauges, Quick Heat plugs, and TD-Max chip; Dtech FSD on FSD Cooler; vacuum pump deleted, HX35 turbo, Turbo Master, 3.5" Kennedy exhaust, F code intake; dual t/stats, HO water pump, Champion radiator; Racor fuel filter

Quote Originally Posted by arveetek View Post
    I didn't realize how bad my 6.5L was blowing white smoke upon start up until putting in new glow plugs. It had slowly gotten worse over time without me really noticing, but now there's very little white smoke at startup with the new plugs.

Casey
    Thank you. I’m waiting for my new LP harness and plugs to arrive

Quote Originally Posted by arveetek View Post
    D1F29951-39DC-4439-9CA0-EB44B286F2A3.jpg

F3A96420-CDB5-4479-BEA2-15596AC13575.jpg
    Casey
    New glow plugs install. White smoke it’s not a problem anymore. The glow plug harness will need replace