Thread: 2007 lbz

Default 2007 lbz

Thought I lost #6 injector, replaced all the injectors,cp3 pump and injector lines got it back together and still have a miss. Programmer shows miss fire on #6 .what-do I do now?

I've see a lot of piston failures misdiagnosed as injector failures. Often times you can tell just by the amount or the puffing of blowby. Also tends to have a +15 balance rate.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Thank you for your advice, I have concluded it is piston failure. What is the easiest way to remove the engine? Remove the cab or remove the radiator and core support? I’ve heard both ways. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BBIXLER View Post
    Thank you for your advice, I have concluded it is piston failure. What is the easiest way to remove the engine? Remove the cab or remove the radiator and core support? I’ve heard both ways. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    We remove the front tie bar assy and the cooling stack. Cab removal just not my cup of tea.

What is the history of tuning etc? Pistons don't have a high tendency to fail unless run hard with overly aggressive tuning or abused by a failing injector.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I’ve put almost 100 k on this truck it has190000 on it now. Edge evolution was on the truck when I bought it. I usually run it on the 3Rd or 4th stage. Every thing is stock.

I bought the truck 7 years ago with about 90k on it. It now has 190k,it has an edge evolution programmer, I kind of bounce around between 2-3&4 on it every thing else is stock except air cleaner. I’m usually pulling something fairly heavy with it.