Thread: Power and shift issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Power and shift issues

I have a 2005 Duramax when I accelerate it goes but there is a hesitation also it does not stay in a gear long enough to get the rpms up high it shifts into 5th and won’t downshift no matter how far I push the petal down and struggles to stay at 60 mph if I take it out of overdrive it will accelerate to higher speeds I have just replaced the fuel filter and it has a lift pump i also plow snow with the truck and it struggles to spin the tires on ice when pushing snow into a bank it only shows 1 code that returns after I clear them which is 2133 the other codes are just glo plug codes any help I have changed the Throttle position sensor with no change to the code
    I am wondering if the turbo could have anything to do with this problem

Arrow

Welcome aboard!

If P2133 is present, you will be in limp mode, with reduced power, and SES lamp on. If you replaced the APP and it's still showing the code, you likely have an issue with the harness or a connection, or the PCM. This won't go away until you clear the code permanently.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

The SES light isn’t on and I’ve tried to clear the code with my CTS how do I clear permanently

Arrow

The SES lamp should be on, but not doesn't mean anything. You clear the code permanently by correcting the cause. As long as the cause is present, the code will return, as will Limp Mode.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A

Are there any areas of the wiring I should check first that are more prone to chafing

Arrow

I'm not aware of any area common only to this problem. Modern vehicle electrical systems are generally well insulated against damage during normal operation. There are exceptions, and we generally hear about it it short order, and in great numbers (the injector harness on 2005 LLY's, specifically). A starting point, in almost all cases, is look to your maintenance and repairs in recent history, then in less recent history, even if it was routine with no apparent previous issue (checking the oil level, adding washer fluid, or changing a lamp), even if it seems unlikely. Check the general location of any maintenance or repair performed. Connectors can be disturbed, insulators, isolators, clamps, stand-offs, can be dislodged or broken, any without immediate notice, then magically repaired by disturbing it again. Often, it may take many miles or years for it to become an issue. Check, clean and secure grounds. A weak ground is probably the most common of any failure, often unnoticed or dismissed. The Duramax battery grounds are both to the block, so the continuity is more important throughout. Don't disregard anything out of the ordinary, such as wipers that cycled out of the blue, a new radio noise, or flickering lamps. Electricity, like most things in life, will seek the path of least resistance. If that happens to be through an unrelated component, it can have you chasing wild geese for days. If your issue is constant, consider yourself lucky. Most incidental failures are intermittent, and can take considerably longer to diagnose, with a corresponding amount of grief. Fortunately, the APP diagnostic is performed at every key cycle, and continually monitored during operation, so anything you do in a positive direction can be immediately realized.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A